Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My British Army shoulder flash collection

Article about: Just thought id show my collection of shoulder flashes, division, command, formation ect...I have found these all over the place.Antique fairs, surplus shops, market stalls. I have managed t

NCA
    ?

Cool My British Army shoulder flash collection

Just thought id show my collection of shoulder flashes, division, command, formation ect...I have found these all over the place.Antique fairs, surplus shops, market stalls.
    My British Army shoulder flash collectionMy British Army shoulder flash collection

I have managed to identify all of these except the four on the bottom row of my second picture.Any help would be great.Im pretty sure these all date from ww2 into the 60's-70's.Thats my next project..dating them all!!
    Please show yours if you have any.

NCA
    ?

Default Re: My British Army shoulder flash collection

Arm bands, and TRF's to follow!

?

Lovely set of shoulder and arm flashes there mate, Continued good luck with the hunting for them.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Nice collection. Good to see an early pattern 49 bde with the Polar Bear's head down.

Quote by NCA View Post
    Just thought id show my collection of shoulder flashes, division, command, formation ect...I have found these all over the place.Antique fairs, surplus shops, market stalls.
    I have managed to identify all of these except the four on the bottom row of my second picture.Any help would be great.Im pretty sure these all date from ww2 into the 60's-70's.Thats my next project..dating them all!!
    Lovely group, including some unit patches as well I see. :

The LA in Wreath is one of the many unofficial trade/qualification badges used, most of which are unrecorded. Laboratory Assistant is possible, it was an actual WW2 British Army trade, officially wearing the "B in wreath" badge.

Rob

Looks to be a good collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That's a great collection! mine isn't near as large, but I try

Still not sure why the South Stafs patch has a hole punched in it. Was this something they did when it was done being used by the military? or something someone else did for what ever reason?

Quote by NCA View Post
    My British Army shoulder flash collectionMy British Army shoulder flash collection

Hi NCA are you able to tell me what is the round patch black/red circle with Berlin written on top?
    Thanks
    Paolo

?

Quote by soldatidiplastica View Post
    Hi NCA are you able to tell me what is the round patch black/red circle with Berlin written on top?
    Thanks
    Paolo
    Hi Paolo

The patch that you are questioning above is the old BAOR (British Army Of The Rhine), BERLIN BRIGADE shoulder flash. ie, The British Army unit specifically assigned to the British section of Berlin in the "Cold War" era.

If you Google "BAOR Berlin Brigade" you should find loads of stuff about it.

Regards etc

Ian D

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Paolo

The patch that you are questioning above is the old BAOR (British Army Of The Rhine), BERLIN BRIGADE shoulder flash. ie, The British Army unit specifically assigned to the British section of Berlin in the "Cold War" era.

If you Google "BAOR Berlin Brigade" you should find loads of stuff about it.

Regards etc

Ian D

Thanks Ian, i've just picked up from ebay a MKII helmet with that flash on it, without the Berlin bit, i had the feeling it could have been postwar but nonetheless i went for it.. i have not received it yet and still wonder if the helmet is WWiII or not.... Thanks for your help
    Paolo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast