Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My cap badges (British)

Article about: Hi guys, Not sure if I have posted these in the right section, or even if they should strictly be posted up! The majority of my cap badge collection is from post WW2 British regiments. I sup

?

Default My cap badges (British)

Hi guys,

Not sure if I have posted these in the right section, or even if they should strictly be posted up! The majority of my cap badge collection is from post WW2 British regiments.
    I suppose that a few could be classed as "relics" because some of the regiments no longer exist except as part of previous amalgamations or in memory of ex members.

So here goes. Hope you enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My cap badges (British)   My cap badges (British)  

OKW
    ?

Default Re: My cap badges (British)

All that history and tradition kicked into touch by the piggies in parliament, none of whom have served, but they still want the military to get them out of the messes they create.

Hi Ian,
    I like your collection i think badges make a fine display, ww2 or not.
    There are some fine examples out there but some times the cost are high; The only badges i have are the ones i collected from units i trained with and my own one, L.I, I would like to put them up with an S.L.R, bayo on a shield some time. Love the M.G, cloth one. thanks for sowing them.
    Dave.

?

Thanks for that Dave

I agree with you that the cost of a lot of cap badges seems to be very high in comparison to what they are, but there are some bargains still out there if you are willing to look and haggle.

The Yorkshire Volunteers and RE cap badges and 1 Yorks shoulder flashes were my own. (8years TA, Yorks Vols and TA RE) The MG badge was also mine, earnt the hard way, 2 weeks on an SF Fire Controllers course with the SASC on Salisbury Plain!! (And, yes it did rain for the majority of the fortnight, it was practically horizontal on the two days of the qualification shoots/drills. Nothing new there)
    I should also have a set of signallers crossed flags that I earnt but I have temporarily mislaid them, I think that they are in the wifes sewing box(!)

The Gibralter Regt badge and shoulder flash, (the green flash and badge above it), I got from my brother. He joined the TA cadre when he came out of the regulars. I did try and get his regular cap badge off him, (16 years in 1DWR), but he wouldnt let me have it, I did make him up a small vignette with two riflemen and his cap badge and backing patch on a plaque though.
    I also have my late grandfathers Grenadiers cap badge, (WW2 brass "grenade fired proper" with royal cypher on it and I am working on getting a cap badge, sorry "cypher", from my son. He's in 1RHA.

Enough waffling.

All the best.

Ian