Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps

Article about: Bought this recently.

Default My latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps

Bought this recently.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps   My latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps  

?

Default Re: My latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps

VERY nice patch Martin.

Ive been looking for a WWII Guards Armoured Div (post WWII ones are 2 a penny, but genuine WWII ones are as rare as hens teeth!) and a WWII 6th Guards Tank Brigade flash for years without any luck.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Nice patch Martin and I would like to add a pair to my collection.

Jimpy, the 6th Guards tank brigade are very rare, but I would have though Guards armoured were available. This pair is on a dealers site and they are said to WWII, though I admit to not being able to tell which period they are from.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps   My latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

And this one is for sale on another forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps  
    Regards,

Jerry

And this one for 6th Guards armoured brigade is on ebay now, though again I know nothing about these.

6th Guards Armoured Brigade WW2 Formation Sign Badge - SCARCE | eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images My latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps  My latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps 
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice patches, and a great time to post them.

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    And this one for 6th Guards armoured brigade is on ebay now, though again I know nothing about these.

6th Guards Armoured Brigade WW2 Formation Sign Badge - SCARCE | eBay
    Hi Jerry.

Martin (Salzburg), put me onto the guy on eBay who has this flash up for sale, (50GBP when I checked earlier), Im not 100% happy with it for various reasons.
    I suspect that it is a "field made" version, possibly to replace a lost/damaged one, maybe even made to send home to a loved one.
    The GAD ones in posts #3 and 4 are, I believe WWII vintage, more-so when you compare them with post-war versions which, to me at least, appear to be "tidier".

I have PM'd the seller on eBay for some more details, specifically sizes and when I get some more info, I will ping it on here if relevant.

Regards etc

Ian D

The woven formation sign is as already noted is most likely a locally made one. The more commonly seen badge is a printed one.I have posted below part of my armoured div cloth badges. enjoy. John.My latest Patch ~ British XXX CorpsMy latest Patch ~ British XXX CorpsMy latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps

?

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    The woven formation sign is as already noted is most likely a locally made one. The more commonly seen badge is a printed one.I have posted below part of my armoured div cloth badges. enjoy. John.My latest Patch ~ British XXX CorpsMy latest Patch ~ British XXX CorpsMy latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps

Great set of shoulder flashes that you have there John. And all nice and clearly displayed.

If you happen to have a spare 6th Guards Tank Brigade and Guards Armoured looking all "lost and lonely" and in need of a new home, let me know, I've got a spot on the wall where they would look great

Regards etc
    Ian D

Quote by Bond View Post
    And this one is for sale on another forum.
    I bought this one, along with the other items in the lot, as the price became very sensible IMHO.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My latest Patch ~ British XXX Corps  
    Regards,

Jerry