Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My US insignia's

Article about: Hello Everybody, I just wanted to share my ebay purchase. I had acquired an WW2 8th AF officer uniform and it didn't come with the lapel pins so I started search for a set. I had gotten a pa

?

Default My US insignia's

Hello Everybody,
    I just wanted to share my ebay purchase. I had acquired an WW2 8th AF officer uniform and it didn't come with the lapel pins so I started search for a set. I had gotten a pair of US insignia but they were Brass and Walkwolf had mention to me they should be gold. So the seller was kind enough to take them back and then I found these for the same price I payed for the other pair. These are a set made by AMCRAFT , The same manufacturer as the pilot wings I picked up. So here is a pic that I took of them and also the pic from the auction of the rear of them since I couldn't get a good pic with the phone. Thanks for the Help Steve!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

My US insignia'sMy US insignia's

?

Default Re: My US insignia's

Pal the US collar insignia are WWII snowflake back. They are good. Perfect for your tunic. Snowflake backs are desirable. So much so that they are being faked now. Yours are right on.
    I think you misunderstood what Walkwolf told you. WWII US collar insignia are made of brass and are "gold" color.
    Will enjoy seeing your tunic when you have it the way you want it.

That's right Phil - they are brass with gold plate. The ones you
    originally showed me were very worn. The insignia above
    are really nice.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks SteveR & Steve
    I have a set of the propeller and wings lapel pins that I had gotten and I have a set of STERLING Meyer's Captain bars heading my way and that should complete the jacket. I will post pic's as soon as I get this put together. I going to try and put it together with the same ribbons that a Friend of mine wore who had passed away and I'm doing this in Honor of him.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice snowflake insignia!