Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

mytery insignia help

Article about: hi could anyone tell me what these two triangle insignias are please thanks

?

Default mytery insignia help

hi could anyone tell me what these two triangle insignias are please thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mytery insignia help  

British first infantry division attached Royal Engineers or Artillery
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

thanks jerry bought them in a joblot of german stuff new they werent german but thats about it

Quote by BRIOLF View Post
    thanks jerry bought them in a joblot of german stuff new they werent german but thats about it
    They are nice badges in their own right, not rare but not common either.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

its easy to reasearch when ya no what ya looking for thanks again jerry, heres a write up about them from the imperial war museum

The badge of I Corps (1st Corps) was a white spearhead (symbolising I Corps as the spearhead of the British Army) and the 1st Infantry Division adopted a sign that represented the tip of the spear. Variations of the Divisional sign have been recorded where the triangle badge is superimposed on relevant corps colours. Royal Artillery and Royal Signals are recorded by Cole as having been worn in the Second World War and others (eg: RASC, infantry, medical, RAC) are reported as being in existence after WW2. Formation note: 1st Infantry Division was a Regular Army Division at the outbreak of the Second World War. It fought in the France and Belgium campaign of 1940 following which it was reorganised as a mixed division (comprising 2 infantry and one armoured brigade) between June and November 1942, when it reverted to an infantry division. The Division formed part of 1st Army for the invasion of North West Africa and later took part in the capture of the island of Pantelleria before going to Italy in December 1943. The Division took part in the Anzio battles and thereafter fought northwards through Italy. It transferred to Palestine at the beginning of February 1945.