Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need help to identify US badges and pin

Article about: Hello. I have been wondering about these badges that my grandfather was awarded in WW2. I know the blue colored ones are CIBs, although I thought that there were stars on your 2nd, 3rd and s

Default Need help to identify US badges and pin

Hello. I have been wondering about these badges that my grandfather was awarded in WW2. I know the blue colored ones are CIBs, although I thought that there were stars on your 2nd, 3rd and so forth. Also I am curious about the badge which is a different color. Can anyone explain why it is a different color? The cluster around it also looks bigger than on the CIBs. Finally, there is the bar, which is almost the same color as the non-blue badge. I would really appreciate some help in figuring these out.
    thanks a lot,
    Geoff
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help to identify US badges and pin  Need help to identify US badges and pin  Need help to identify US badges and pin 

Default Re: Need help to identify US badges and pin

It is possible that he owned more than one of the CIB's, as many soldiers usually have duplicate of their awards - not at all common. As far as the Presidential Unit Citation, it could have darkened from exposure to oil or merely the incorrect ribbon inserted...it almost looks black to me. The pin fixture on the PUC is American.

If you could provide shots of the reverses of the CIB's maybe we can tell if it just a manufacturer variant or possibly English or German made...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Need help to identify US badges and pin

So that pin is a presidential unit citation? That is what I thought, but it looked a bit dark to me too, and I was second guessing myself. It is more like a dark greenish color now. Two of the CIBs actually have the pin in the back removed and are flat.
    Thanks,
    Geoff

Quote by Steven M View Post
    It is possible that he owned more than one of the CIB's, as many soldiers usually have duplicate of their awards - not at all common. As far as the Presidential Unit Citation, it could have darkened from exposure to oil or merely the incorrect ribbon inserted...it almost looks black to me. The pin fixture on the PUC is American.

If you could provide shots of the reverses of the CIB's maybe we can tell if it just a manufacturer variant or possibly English or German made...