Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying military insignia made by n s meyer new york

Article about: Hello,...I am trying to identify the insignia in this photo. After an exhaustive search of the web,...no luck. On the reverse reads " N S Meyer New York." Any response will be grea

Default Need help identifying military insignia made by n s meyer new york

Hello,...I am trying to identify the insignia in this photo. After an exhaustive search of the web,...no luck. On the reverse reads " N S Meyer New York." Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying military insignia made by n s meyer new york  

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Need help identifying military insignia made by n s meyer new york

Its something to do with the women's army auxiliary corps..theres a start point.

Quote by HACKWORTH View Post
    Hello,...I am trying to identify the insignia in this photo. After an exhaustive search of the web,...no luck. On the reverse reads " N S Meyer New York." Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ive looked around and cant find anything the same but it is deffinitly to do with American airforce so maybe a regiment ?

Thanks very much for the information!

Actually, I would respectfully disagree on both these possible id's. The WAC's wore the insignia of Pallas Athena, and while similar in form, this is not that.

The crossed rifles is the sign of the Infantry.

Research "US Distinctive Unit Insignia"

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade is correct - it is a DI - likely for infantry.........
    Regards,

Steve.

The closest U.S. DI that I've been able to find is 3rd Infantry, with the diagonal blue & white stripes, but not exact and none depicting a Soldier wearing armor with plume. I recently purchased a sack of these Badges from an estate sale, and all of the others are from Great Britain, dating back to 1915, and most were made in London. This is the only one made in the United States.....I'll keep on looking. Thanks again!

NCA
    ?

Didnt mean to mislead you with WAC.Looks similar.
    Any chance we can see these other badges?Sounds great!

Sure,...here are a couple.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying military insignia made by n s meyer new york   Need help identifying military insignia made by n s meyer new york