Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help ID'ing patches

Article about: Hello! Recently I received a huge amount of patches in a gift. I was able to identify what each insignia was after doing a lot of research. However, I am down to two that I can't seem to ide

Default Need help ID'ing patches

Hello! Recently I received a huge amount of patches in a gift. I was able to identify what each insignia was after doing a lot of research. However, I am down to two that I can't seem to identify.
    Need help ID'ing patches
    Need help ID'ing patches

There probably is a quick and easy answer, but for the life of me, I just can't find it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

MAP
    ?

The one on the left appears to be handmade. Might not be anything official....

The other two are from the 57th Sock Darning Division. Really, unsung heros of the war ensuring blister free feet and keeping soldiers battle ready

But seriously, I did a reverse image search and all it said was it was knitting related
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Michael, have you been drinking? Lol

The two matching ones are 6th Army Group, the other I am unfamiliar with and does not look “official”.

MAP
    ?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Michael, have you been drinking? Lol
    As a matter of fact...yes...if a Miller high life on a humid night counts

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you so much! I knew it had to be simple but for some reason, I couldn't find the answer.

As for the hand made one, it kind of reminds me of my CBI patch. The shape next to the flag may be a silhouette of a plane perhaps? I really don't know.

MAP
    ?

Quote by OsiusGaming View Post
    Thank you so much! I knew it had to be simple but for some reason, I couldn't find the answer.

As for the hand made one, it kind of reminds me of my CBI patch. The shape next to the flag may be a silhouette of a plane perhaps? I really don't know.
    The "Plane" silhouette is the Free French symbol. So you have the US , Free French and British symbols

I was also kind of thinking that but was curious as to why that would have been put on an American patch. But since it obviously isn't anything official, I guess normalcy doesn't really matter.

As a side question, I have two patches out the whole grouping that I feel a little uncertain about so I was thinking about getting a simple UV flashlight. Is there really any type of UV light I should be looking for?

?

The 6th Army Group was an amalgam of multiple nations, so it could be something related or theater made, perhaps even something commemorative.

?

UV is only good at indicating “modern” fabric, it would also give a false positive to an item washed in phosphorus “modern” detergent.

Construction is typically the key to identifying period patches.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    As a matter of fact...yes...if a Miller high life on a humid night counts
    “If you’ve got the time, we’ve got the beer”.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast