MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with U.S. Marine Raider Patches

Article about: I bought these two patches at an Ohio flea market a few hours ago. I have had no trouble identifying them as W W ll U.S. Marine Raider Bn patches, but that's all I know. The one on the left

Default Need Help with U.S. Marine Raider Patches

I bought these two patches at an Ohio flea market a few hours ago. I have had no trouble identifying them as W W ll U.S. Marine Raider Bn patches, but that's all I know. The one on the left has a cheesecloth backing, and the one on the right is backed with a plastic like substance.
    I am guessing that the left example is original and the one on the right is a reproduction. Do you think that this is correct ? Does the left example look like an Australian theater-made patch, and is it a particular variety one can identify? Finally, the inevitable question about value: any ideas about what these insignia are worth? Many thanks for your helpNeed Help with U.S. Marine Raider PatchesNeed Help with U.S. Marine Raider Patches

?

The one on the right is a replica. It has a merrowed edge. Meaning it was not cut from a group on 1 sheet it was finished as a single piece.
    The one on the left has a chance.

?

I agree with SteveR. We have a Marine raider in town that does our local gunshow and he has all of his stuff displayed. I stop by and shake his hand and thank him for his service to the Corps and country and have always checked out his his raider patch and noted that the skull has that almost comical grin.
    I think the one on the left looks good.

Semper Fi
    Phil