Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Pembrokeshire Home Guard 1 (Tenby) Battalion

Article about: I saw this group yesterday and went back today on my home from work to pick it up. It all came in a Craven A cigarette tin as found and includes a full set of removed home guard insignia plu

Default Pembrokeshire Home Guard 1 (Tenby) Battalion

I saw this group yesterday and went back today on my home from work to pick it up.

It all came in a Craven A cigarette tin as found and includes a full set of removed home guard insignia plus a few other bits and a spare half set of insignia.

The 1st Pembrokeshire home guard battalion were based at Tenby and the lot includes three sets of PEM and No.1 as well as a pair of home guard titles, a single red woolen rectangle, a single corporal rank chevron, and 4 bar long service chevron, all of which are obviously uniform removed and also a single Defense Medal Ribbon.

I assume the red woolen rectangle is a company identifier within the battalion, but such details are lost to history as far as I am aware, but maybe some research will elucidate this in the future. There were only three bn's within the county, the other two both being based in Haverfordwest, being bn's 2 & 3.

The Pembrokeshire along with the Glamorganshire home guard were affiliated to the Welch regiment and would have worn the cap badge of the Welch, though there was not an example in thie group, I do however have a number of them including one on a FS cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pembrokeshire Home Guard 1 (Tenby) Battalion   Pembrokeshire Home Guard 1 (Tenby) Battalion  

Pembrokeshire Home Guard 1 (Tenby) Battalion   Pembrokeshire Home Guard 1 (Tenby) Battalion  

Pembrokeshire Home Guard 1 (Tenby) Battalion   Pembrokeshire Home Guard 1 (Tenby) Battalion  

Pembrokeshire Home Guard 1 (Tenby) Battalion  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Adding to this as I thought I already had.

The red rectangle is specific home guard proficiency badge, it is worn as a dimaond, the single bar is cut off and used as the second aaward, but should be retained until authorized and just the square is worn on its own for one award.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pembrokeshire Home Guard 1 (Tenby) Battalion   Pembrokeshire Home Guard 1 (Tenby) Battalion  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.