Display your banner here

Please help ID this patch

Article about: Hi, I need help identifying this patch. Thanks in advance, Tom

Default Please help ID this patch

Hi,

I need help identifying this patch. Thanks in advance, Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Please help ID this patch 

Default Re: Please help ID this patch

Hi Tom, That is an U.S. Army Security Agency. It was a small branch of US Military Intelligence. It was formed in the 50's and fully merged into MI in the 90's. It no longer exists as a seperate unit. The most notible A.S.A. units were in Berlin, Germany and Phu Bai, Viet Nam. To the best of my knowledge these patches were worn Stateside and not overseas. Nice example. John

I was a member of the Army Security Agency its last few years in existence. It became the Army Intelligence and Security Command on January 1, 1977. As for the "lightning Fast Chicken **cker" patch, it was worn both in the Continental United States and overseas.

Hi Dusty, I was in the USASA from 65-67. Back then we wore the patch in the States, before we shipped overseas they were taken off. Once we arrived at our PDS we were issued the patch of whatever unit we were assigned to. We were still A.S.A. units but wore different patches world wide. Things never stay the same and I guess that changed. I was in Berlin and our unit wore the Berlin Brigade patch. Nice to hear from an old A.S.A. . John

Thanks guys

If anyone is interested in this patch, feel free to email me.

Regards,

Tom

Hey, John. When I was in, guys in Berlin and 'Nam wore the patch of the parent unit i.e.;Berlin Brigade, MAC-V, etc. Strategic units such as FS Augsburg wore the Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen patch, while tactical units like the 502d A.S.A. Group (my assignment) wore the parent unit patch. I wore both the 3rd ID and 7th Army patches while I was there. I was an 05H, how about you?

Dusty

Dusty, I started as an 05H in Ft. Devens, switched over to 05K and finished in late 65. Don't know how you ditty boppers kept your sanity. Hope life has been good to you. John

Life has been pretty good, John. Plenty of German beer helped me keep my sanity!