Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 107 of 111 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1104

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Hi Stu,
    It's been a while but here is my AIC enamelled officers set for your reference. The OR collars are quite common actually, they pop up on E-bay quite often, the OR hat badges are much harder to find. I have a number of sets of OR collars but only one OR hat badge which is not in this old file image .

Cheers
    Dave

Dave
    A bloke at work has an original set which was owned by his Dad~ who was a Captain with the Corp ~ He has promised to bring the set in show me ~ Have to make sure I have my camera with me ~

Thanks for sharing ~

Hey fellas

I have been putting a few of my ~ extensive~ Rising Sun Collection through the "Snake Oil" proces and the results have been a-maz-zing!!

(The most recent - top and left above ~ as found ~ )

Now I have been experimenting with reinstating the classic Original patina associated with the Rising Suns ~

I have a couple of RS items I have purchased and used them as a guide ~

But can anyone tell me if this patina is a natural phenomenon or was it created at manufacture?

I received an email form my MD off-sider last week ~

At first I was skeptical until I read the fine print ~

Greetings SS,

Possibly the nicest Rising Sun badge I'll own for a while.

Administrative and Instructional Staff Corps hat badge. Enamel on gilt and silver.

"Introduced in 1904. Worn by HQ Staff and later the Administrative & Instructional Staff till 1921. The scroll is sterling silver."

I may not have it long. This buy and sell can be quite profitable - as a percentage return on investment. No sheep stations but opportunity to double or triple investment sometimes.
    DM did not share hsi buy price But he listed it last Friday night and it was gone by Saturday afternoon at a stunning price!

( Bugger~ He did not even give me the Op to have a closer look !! )

WWII Figurine ?

Can any one comment on this Australian Digger figurine character..

It was found in a WWII camp site last week ~

I have seen these before but only in posts and blogs ~ I seem recall them being associated with 1940's RSL clubs?

Hey folks
    Cool Aussie ww2 badges
    I have a question I’ve obtained theses free with a bd jacket bcof I brought recently
    But I’ve no idea been looking for pics
    No luck or looking in the wrong places can anyone help solve this mystery
    Thanks heaps !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Just added correction of unknown patches
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Rising Sun badges and patina

I have been experimenting with several Rising Sun badges for some 12-18 months as I was endeavouring to instil

the original Patina.

The point being too that most RS wee originally all Flat black `

But I am well pleased with the results. The Bottom badge is the one I dug this week in the "wilderness"

( An Original Badge ( Hat) I bought back from the USA ~ be interested to hear it's story !)

This badge I dug late last year ~ it is bent as can be seen and often happened with the Australian Diggers through daily wear and tear !

We won't discuss numbers I have now ~ Seems I am being looked after as these numbers have been accumulated over three different detectors..

So it is either perseverance ~ or mine is a charmed detector's Life `

Dug another Hat Rising Sun this week ~

( Old Mate reckons there is NO denying it ~ that Stuart SS IS a magnet for Australian Rising Suns ~ I am almost embarrassed to admit to how many I have ` and Ms M and I did a stock take several weeks back the tally is correct ` )

The Rising Sun hat badge recently recovered is a 'Amor Sydney'

The coins first two dated 1942 and the third is a 1917 KG V 3 Pence. over last two hunts this week ~

?

WO2 sleeve badges with backing plates

Cheers Rick

Attachment 1413272

Attachment 1413273

Attachment 1413274

Attachment 1413275