Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Looks good mate I once had my collection on display in a local museum It was only supposed to be a 6 week exhibition but It was so popular they kept the display up for 6 months... I almost forgot what I had there by the time It was over LOL

Quote by AIF View Post
    Looks good mate I once had my collection on display in a local museum It was only supposed to be a 6 week exhibition but It was so popular they kept the display up for 6 months... I almost forgot what I had there by the time It was over LOL
    Cheers fella's
    My gear was only going in for 6 months but in the end the blokes asked if I has happy to leave it there full time which was OK by me.
    I like to share what I have with others so I would rather display parts of my collection at the RSL than at home for this reason.
    One big bonus was this ANZAC Day for me. Because 40% of what's in there is mine I could give the young ones a hands on experience. For example if they wanted to put a MKII lid on I would grab mine off the display head and place it on their boof. The boys liked the lids and Bayo's the girls the slouchy's. Their smiles were worth a million bucks to me and the day was truly enchanting. Bring on next year.

I'll post some more insignia later today fella's.

AIF
    ?

I wish I could do that here but the local RSL's are money driven and will only display your items If you donate them...

The tracker dog association wanted to display their collection here and were told yeah sure only If we can keep it... To which they politely told them where to stick it, They asked a few other RSL's up here to which they got the same reply... Finally they asked the Gold coast war museum who gladly agreed and set up a section in there for them to display their stuff.

The smaller rural RSL'S are struggling down this way so they are happy to generate interest in what ever form it takes, hence the museum revamp. I must say we tend not to be so money driven as the urban clubs. The small Tassie clubs are still run by locals with the general community in mind.
    Which is how it should be.
    Move down here fella's as we still attempt to hold onto the old culture and what it is about as best we can.

Some really nice insignia here fellas,
    Heres a mix of some of mine,

Slouch Hat Badge.
    Civil Constructional Corp Badge
    2/31st Sweetheart.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

This is a great thread boys! I know I've got a bag of patches somewhere but I'm buggered if I can find them.

Thanks for posting Mick
    The Civil Constructional Corps badge is a real beauty mate, well done.

Keep um coming gents

The bloody auto speller keeps changing triple C to Close Combat Clasp.
    Sorry Blokes.

And again.
    Fixed this time.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 04-28-2013 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Spell checker changes text

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    This is a great thread boys! I know I've got a bag of patches somewhere but I'm buggered if I can find them.
    Their under the bed Dave

AIF
    ?

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Some really nice insignia here fellas,
    Heres a mix of some of mine,

Slouch Hat Badge.
    Civil Constructional Corp Badge
    2/31st Sweetheart.
    That sweetheart is a beauty!!

A couple more images of the nickeled Australia Title.

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

After looking at the plating jobs in Lukes "Sweetheart" images I'm really not sure.

Page 19 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast