Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 37 of 111 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Default Re: Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Does the spoon have the DAD stamp on it?
    No this one does not but I have found some cutlery with the D/\D logo ~ I want to find some with the AIF rising symbol which are out there ~

The drum screw is the second one I have found as you may have seen ! It does have the D/|\D ~ and a date on the inside ~

Ironic too that I now have three teaspoons and three 'desert ' spoons but no knives or a decent fork !

Went back for a quick visit today Sunday ~

And definitely walked onto a firing range ~ at the fire point.... 100s of shell cases ~ But also found the St Christopher silver medal in same spot as the Officer's pips ~

Call me crazy by looks like the mortar rear primer shot is active ~ Well I broke the tail fin digging it up~

Not writing on the cap ~ "Remove before Firing" ~ I assume a 2" Mortar (?)

I'd be a little careful with the 2" round, it looks like it has the bakelite cap there!?!!!!
    To be totally sure it's inert you want it to look like these!!!!!!!

I'd be a little careful with the 2" round, it looks like it has the bakelite cap there!?!!!!
    Yes I see ~ now ~ and I hear loud and clear ~

Sorry Guys I had to deviate off the subject

I have a silver plated teaspoon with the GS badge engraved on it-not sure how old it is though-'liberated' it from the kitchen at my old Res signals depot in suburban Perth-was amongst a lot of much newer steel 'C of A' coat of arms marked cutlery...

Hey Blokes ~

I am concerned I am sullying up a fine subject post here ~ and feel I should simply start a fresh Blog regarding my MD finds ~ as many seem very interested in what I am doing ~

Suggestions as to where I should place this without losing interested members ~

* BTW ~ there are also a lot of interested parties at my workplace ~ and one very keen lady of 22 years who works in my section ~ asked me to bring in the remnants of the mortar shell ~ much to the amusement of our mutual Boss and myself ~

Quote by AT P Sweep View Post
    Hey Blokes ~

I am concerned I am sullying up a fine subject post here ~ and feel I should simply start a fresh Blog regarding my MD finds ~ as many seem very interested in what I am doing ~

Suggestions as to where I should place this without losing interested members ~

* BTW ~ there are also a lot of interested parties at my workplace ~ and one very keen lady of 22 years who works in my section ~ asked me to bring in the remnants of the mortar shell ~ much to the amusement of our mutual Boss and myself ~
    Stuart,
    There is a section for Military Archaeology on the Forum,where you could start a new thread if you wanted to.Just name it Australian Finds or something so we can find it.
    Im sure i talk for the other blokes here when i say,your finds are certainly interesting and its something i myself would love to have a go at one day.
    Cheers Mick

AIF
    ?

+1 on what Mick said, start a new thread in the archaeology section we would all love to see your new finds ... Also please be careful playing with old ordnance that you are unsure about, It's better to just leave the stuff alone rather than risk losing your fingers, hand or life because you want to take home some old rusted out piece of junk, and I say that from experience too... I know how exciting it is finding this stuff but after having a live 20mm explosive round blow up on me I am a little wiser now

Cheers Blokes

I will make a new post up and set a directive here if you like ~

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...46/#post876846

Page 37 of 111 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 ... LastLast