Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Couple more from my lot
    Rene what is the date on that 24th battalion hat?

Quote by AIF View Post
    I have maybe 300 or so different WW2 colour patches I will take some pics if you like, unfortunately I don't have Glydes book any more either so I will just have to go by memory LOL ...I hope they do a reprint one day.
    I did mention that to him on the phone. Maybe I should remind him we are two headed cousins and I need him to reprint it as a family favour thingie
    Your going to be a busy lad Luke imaging all of those patches

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    More colour patches, that's the way Rene.
    Grab that top notch Glyde of yours mate and give them a label if you could.
    I went chasing a copy of that one Rene. No luck. I even rang his home. He lives in Hobart so I discovered and I'm not the only one chasing his book.
    I think it would be great if we could label the colour patches we post again for easy reference in the future.
    Thanks fella's
    Hey Dave, you should know that I'm a lazy arse

4md
    ?

Quote by AIF View Post
    Paul that 2/48th Patch is a beauty I still haven't got one yet... Every time one pops up on ebay It goes for too much money or I bloody miss it!
    I missed a few before i paid a fortune for this one, but i had to have one as my Grandfather(maternal) was in the 2/48th. I cant seem to find any of his Insignia, still chasing the family for info.....i managed to find all his photos and papers so far

Quote by AIF View Post
    Rene what is the date on that 24th battalion hat?
    45 Mate

AIF
    ?

I did mention that to him on the phone. Maybe I should remind him we are two headed cousins and I need him to reprint it as a family favour thingie
    Your going to be a busy lad Luke imaging all of those patches
    Haha yeah I will see what I can do!!

A friend of mine (also from Tas) wrote the book on current colour patches and is good friends with Keith from what I hear a reprint is a possibility some time in the near future.

AIF
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    45 Mate
    Nice! That would make it a militia hat, or as it was designated then... The 24th Australian Infantry Battalion AIF

4md
    ?

G'day Paul,
    Nice stuff mate especially your Grandfathers uniform insignia. I think your a very lucky man to have a reli's Service Uniform in your collection.
    I also like your 9th Divi T patch, She's a ripper Paul.
    Thanks for posting

Have a good one
    Dave
    believe it or not i only just saved his uniform from being thrown out when my parents shifted house. I would have been devastated if it was lost

AIF
    ?

Quote by 4md View Post
    I missed a few before i paid a fortune for this one, but i had to have one as my Grandfather(maternal) was in the 2/48th. I cant seem to find any of his Insignia, still chasing the family for info.....i managed to find all his photos and papers so far
    The 2/48th has always been a hard unit to collect to because of Diver Derrick. I think we have already talked about this a couple of years back 2 of my great uncles were in the 2/48th. I'd really like to get a hold of their early patch too.

AIF
    ?

And Dave here is a sneak peak of some of my patches... It's actually my old facebook cover picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.