Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 111 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

I am pretty sure I have posted this one before but here is mine it is a tailored with rank for a signalling sergeant made at the MTX factory... all insignia and even the trade badge was factory applied.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Hey anyway this is nice and enjoyable and I'm glad I can contribute in bits and pieces

That's a beaut Luke.
    I like these tunics myself as they are a bit of a crossover from Federation to more modern times. They ooze style and class.
    Timeless.

You contribute heaps Rene. Always

AIF
    ?

For reference here are a couple of pics of these type of tunics in wear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Cool pair of photos Luke. The classic closed collar and a more "laid back" open collar and tie. Their a good comparison mate.

AIF
    ?

Yeah and the fact they were nearly always worn with a OR's / drivers peaked cap... It's a different look from the old service dress and slouchie

Rene-the RAF/RAAF rank of Flight Sergeant is a combination of the equivalent Army ranks of WO2 and Staff Sergeant (the insignia matching the latter rank).

Hey Boys, Ill post this here as most of us Aussie members are on this thread.
    Has anyone ever thought about starting an Australian Militaria Forum.Whilst the forums we all belong to are excellent,ie Warrelics,Walhalla and Wehrmacht.
    I would love to see a site with a truly Australian focus.New Zealand would of course be included due to our bond.
    After many years of searching for a Militaria site exclusively dealing with all things Australian,as you know,they are non existent.All other Countries are catered for with the emphasis being on German.
    I know nothing about setting up a website,but do you fellas think its a good idea or what ?
    I think we deserve our own site,as we can do better than being labelled under the banner "Other Commonwealth Nations"
    What do you reckon is there enough interest to warrant one or should we just stay as add ons.
    Cheers Mick

AIF
    ?

Hi Mick I have thought about this too and I think there would be more than enough interest in an all Aussie forum... I even attempted to start one last year but I couldn't get past the later design stages of setting the forum up as my technical computer skills aren't that great.
    The Kiwis have their own militaria forum which seems to be pretty popular, If we could find someone with a decent knowledge of setting these sort of things up to get us started I think It would be a great idea and I am sure we would get a lot of guys on there.

We could ask the Mods for a ANZAC section?

Page 40 of 111 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 ... LastLast