Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 50 of 111 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Default Re: Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Thanks Dave. The info was posted on the Brit badge forum, so happy to be corrected if the info is incorrect. Still a good example, shame about the slouchie being such a put together though, oh well, very cheap and displays nice.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

G'day Jerry,
    I'm a non active member of BBF and have seen the responses in regards to Australian GS insignia in the past.
    It's all very much up in the air re period of manufacture. A's on scrolls,dots on crowns, makers marks, construction materials the list go'es on and on but there is no concrete evidence to back these assumptions up with in the majority of cases. Even the bible of Rising Suns (Cossums Rising Suns) is grey with regards to period of manufacture. I class the majority of my GS badges as WW2 until I can prove otherwise as a general rule of thumb.
    Your GS hat badge is a nice MM Stokes that's for sure and your slouch is fine mate.
    Send me a PM with your street address Jerry and I will download a copy of Cussoms Rising Sun's onto a stick and send it to you mate as a reference.

All the best Jerry
    Dave

AIF
    ?

Hey Dave looks like you have picked up a few nice badges lately... You lucky bugger!! Those 39th militias are excellent!

Sorry I haven't had much of a chance to contribute lately but here is a recent pick up that arrived today... A saddler/harness makers trade badge, which is quite a hard one to get hold of. But apart from that things have been pretty quiet on my end.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Cheers Luke,
    I got in with the 39th set before I fall into financial ruination, from financial stability to retaining 40% if i'm lucky. Bugger me, never again.

A big like on your Saddler/harness makers tradebadge, it's a ripper mate congrat's.
    At work and must run.
    Catch ya later.

AIF
    ?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Cheers Luke,
    I got in with the 39th set before I fall into financial ruination, from financial stability to retaining 40% if i'm lucky. Bugger me, never again.

A big like on your Saddler/harness makers tradebadge, it's a ripper mate congrat's.
    At work and must run.
    Catch ya later.
    I'm with you on that one and I know how you feel mate... NEVER again!! I went through the same thing 3 years ago and still recovering from the finanical ruination... Bloody women hey, can't live with them... Can't shoot them. LOL

Quote by AIF View Post
    I'm with you on that one and I know how you feel mate... NEVER again!! I went through the same thing 3 years ago and still recovering from the finanical ruination... Bloody women hey, can't live with them... Can't shoot them. LOL
    Thanks mate, I appreciate your concern.
    I feel as if I've been used up and spat out by Theresa's OCD.
    I have a get over it attitude at present but I think I'm only bluffing myself.
    So be it.

Cheers Luke.

On a much lighter note,

14th Battalion "The Prahran Regiment" hat badge,

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

9th "Flinders" Light Horse Regiment hat badge,

and a couple of colour patches

2/4 Pioneer Battalion,

I feel this formation patch may be a more recent addition to the pug. The thread which attaches the patch to the pug glows like a neon light under UV. Still a good patch but.

7th Divi Sig's

And last for today,
    A WW2 AIF "overseas service chevron" for two years service on foreign shores.

Thanks for looking gents and have a good one hey.

G'day Fella's,
    A set of Sydney University Regiment insignia,

This unit was the source of many fine young officers and NCO's at first during the Militia era and later for the 2nd AIF during the early years of WW2 and had a distinguished reputation for this reason. A worthy addition to this thread.

I think this formation patch is for the 1st Armoured Division Tank Transporter Company but not 100% on that.

And last up a 1942-43 Second Army Signals formation patch,

Have a good one

Hey Fellas a bloke over on WAF posted this and hes looking for info on it.Any ideas ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Page 50 of 111 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 ... LastLast