Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 58 of 111 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Default Re: Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

G'day Jack,
    My pleasure mate
    The trades/qualification badges took either metal or cloth form and were worn on the General Service Uniform from around 1900 until the early 1960's.

WW2 Driver trade badge on GS Tunic.

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Here's an interesting link re Australian Army Trade and Qualification badges.

Trade & Profiency badges of WW1 & WW2 Page 2

Cheers mate
    Dave

Nice example of a patched and badged uniform. Looks like a uniform worn home after the war and put in the closet for 50 years. Good reference piece, I see it is part of the AWM. I am using their site quite often for reference, very helpful.

Do uniforms as complete as this show up on the market in Australia? Here in the U.S. it is still possible to find complete WW2 era uniforms at estate sales and garage sales.

Great selection of trade and qualification badges, Thanks for taking the time to post these.

Best to you Dave

Jack

Here is an possible unknown patch for me. At first glance I say Cavalry or Armor. I located a patch on the "Digger History" website which has Glydes book for viewing. The patch shown in the book is identical in shape and colored as Green-Red-Brown.

Brown-Red-Green is the traditional colors of Armour as noted in the book..

It was Id'd in the book as the 1st Armored Car Regt, 1st Armoured Rgt, 101st Motor Rgt and a series of other designations all Armoured. A note under the description suggested possibly 2nd Light Tank Co, 2nd Armoured Regt. So It sounds that a sure Id at the time the book was published may not have been nailed down. It measures 2 1/4" inches in both directions. the patch has seen some wear and is salty to look at. What do you fella's think??
    Best
    Jack

Quote by Jack Kelly View Post
    Here is an possible unknown patch for me. At first glance I say Cavalry or Armor. I located a patch on the "Digger History" website which has Glydes book for viewing. The patch shown in the book is identical in shape and colored as Green-Red-Brown.

Brown-Red-Green is the traditional colors of Armour as noted in the book..

It was Id'd in the book as the 1st Armored Car Regt, 1st Armoured Rgt, 101st Motor Rgt and a series of other designations all Armoured. A note under the description suggested possibly 2nd Light Tank Co, 2nd Armoured Regt. So It sounds that a sure Id at the time the book was published may not have been nailed down. It measures 2 1/4" inches in both directions. the patch has seen some wear and is salty to look at. What do you fella's think??
    Best
    Jack

I'm chasing one of these - 1st Armoured Car Regiment colour patch - circa 1930s.

Mick

ps

Don't rely on the info on Digger History - its full of errors and omissions.

Hey Mick, thanks for the information. always appreciate you looking in on my posts. This patch came in a group of patches recently.

Best
    Jack

If you want to trade it let me know

It's not a WW2 colour patch and I'm happy to trade a WW2 patch for it.

PM me if your interested.

Mick

Quote by Jack Kelly View Post
    Nice example of a patched and badged uniform. Looks like a uniform worn home after the war and put in the closet for 50 years. Good reference piece, I see it is part of the AWM. I am using their site quite often for reference, very helpful.

Do uniforms as complete as this show up on the market in Australia? Here in the U.S. it is still possible to find complete WW2 era uniforms at estate sales and garage sales.

Great selection of trade and qualification badges, Thanks for taking the time to post these.

Best to you Dave

Jack
    Gday Jack,
    Yes mate they do turn up at times but are highly sort after and usally go for good dollars these days.
    Have a look at the WW2 Australian manufactures code thread Jack,some nice examples there by memory (which fails me at times Hehehehe).

All the best
    Dave

I know where there is a nice 2/9 Div Cav (Commando) uniform for sale.

Mick

Quote by slickmick View Post
    I know where there is a nice 2/9 Div Cav (Commando) uniform for sale.

Mick
    Is it in Toowoomba by any chance Mick.

Close - it's in Brisbane.

If your interested I can give you details via PM.

Mick

Page 58 of 111 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast