Page 63 of 107 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Quote by AT P Sweep View Post
    Hey Blokes..

I think I actually have put together a "Full set" after my outing last Sunday when I scored yet another collar Rising Sun and a tunic button !

( But I have some reservations about the slight differences in the collar Rising Suns ~ I am sure you can clarify if there is a different application between the two or they simply an earlier and a later version. After all the site was a camp site for the same AIF Batts from 1942 - 1945 )

Which ever I am very proud my first set ~ with History ~!

The Hat badge~

The collar Badges

The Officer's Pips

The Shoulder badges

The Tunic buttons

There were a number of design variants (manufacturers) with both the hat and collar GS insignia.This was the case in both World Wars.
    You have a set
    Cheers
    Dave

Cheers Dave

Heading back tomorrow as I feel I have barely touched the site yet ~ I actually thought the Garrett was playing up as it seemed 7/10 times I laid the MD down it went off again ~ After all these tents accommodated ~ ? ~ Ten blokes ~

I never tire of finding webbing buckles or badges~ or coins ~ LOL

Here is a badge for the 9th LH. Measures 2" tall. Assuming this would be a cap badge by size? The reverse has 2 lugs in a flat blade type design. No maker mark that I can find. The green backer has been on it for as long as I have had it and is stuck down pretty tight.. Any significance to the color green? What are your opinions on the piece. I have always felt it was good. However recently found a dud or two among my badges. "What say "ye" Thanks for looking

Jack.

Hard to say with 100% certainty with the green felt on the back but lugs and edges look ok.

It would be a hat badge as its about 5cm in height. The green probably is just one of their regimental colours.

I also don't consider it a WW2 badge - was worn during early to mid 1930s. It would be oxidised in colour if it was worn after 1939.

Mick

Quote by Jack Kelly View Post
    Here is a badge for the 9th LH. Measures 2" tall. Assuming this would be a cap badge by size? The reverse has 2 lugs in a flat blade type design. No maker mark that I can find. The green backer has been on it for as long as I have had it and is stuck down pretty tight.. Any significance to the color green? What are your opinions on the piece. I have always felt it was good. However recently found a dud or two among my badges. "What say "ye" Thanks for looking

Jack.

Thanks Mick, was going to peel the felt off but it wants tear so I left it alone.

Best
    jack

Mick is the miltaria sales website down that is listed on your signature area. I cannot seem to get it pulled up any more, or at least for the past 3 to 4 days

jack

It's up and running but having issues with paypal so its being moved to a new hosting provider very soon (next 1-2 days).

Mick

Mick is the miltaria sales website down that is listed on your signature area. I cannot seem to get it pulled up any more, or at least for the past 3 to 4 days

jack

?

Here is a pic of my little collection of qualification and rank badges. I believe these ranged from the 1920's through to the 1960's although I have not been able to find out much information on them.

Oz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qual.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	550422

Any significance to the color green?
    With British badges some of the regiments have a traditional colour cloth backing such as the KRRC which is red, whilst others use different colours for the different battalions within the regiment, though I don't know if this applies to Australian regiments.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry, thanks for that info.

Best
    Jack