Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 63 of 111 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Quote by AT P Sweep View Post
    Hey Blokes..

I think I actually have put together a "Full set" after my outing last Sunday when I scored yet another collar Rising Sun and a tunic button !

( But I have some reservations about the slight differences in the collar Rising Suns ~ I am sure you can clarify if there is a different application between the two or they simply an earlier and a later version. After all the site was a camp site for the same AIF Batts from 1942 - 1945 )

Which ever I am very proud my first set ~ with History ~!

The Hat badge~

The collar Badges

The Officer's Pips

The Shoulder badges

The Tunic buttons

There were a number of design variants (manufacturers) with both the hat and collar GS insignia.This was the case in both World Wars.
    You have a set
    Cheers
    Dave

Cheers Dave

Heading back tomorrow as I feel I have barely touched the site yet ~ I actually thought the Garrett was playing up as it seemed 7/10 times I laid the MD down it went off again ~ After all these tents accommodated ~ ? ~ Ten blokes ~

I never tire of finding webbing buckles or badges~ or coins ~ LOL

Here is a badge for the 9th LH. Measures 2" tall. Assuming this would be a cap badge by size? The reverse has 2 lugs in a flat blade type design. No maker mark that I can find. The green backer has been on it for as long as I have had it and is stuck down pretty tight.. Any significance to the color green? What are your opinions on the piece. I have always felt it was good. However recently found a dud or two among my badges. "What say "ye" Thanks for looking

Jack.

Hard to say with 100% certainty with the green felt on the back but lugs and edges look ok.

It would be a hat badge as its about 5cm in height. The green probably is just one of their regimental colours.

I also don't consider it a WW2 badge - was worn during early to mid 1930s. It would be oxidised in colour if it was worn after 1939.

Mick

Quote by Jack Kelly View Post
    Here is a badge for the 9th LH. Measures 2" tall. Assuming this would be a cap badge by size? The reverse has 2 lugs in a flat blade type design. No maker mark that I can find. The green backer has been on it for as long as I have had it and is stuck down pretty tight.. Any significance to the color green? What are your opinions on the piece. I have always felt it was good. However recently found a dud or two among my badges. "What say "ye" Thanks for looking

Jack.

Thanks Mick, was going to peel the felt off but it wants tear so I left it alone.

Best
    jack

Mick is the miltaria sales website down that is listed on your signature area. I cannot seem to get it pulled up any more, or at least for the past 3 to 4 days

jack

It's up and running but having issues with paypal so its being moved to a new hosting provider very soon (next 1-2 days).

Mick

Mick is the miltaria sales website down that is listed on your signature area. I cannot seem to get it pulled up any more, or at least for the past 3 to 4 days

jack

?

Here is a pic of my little collection of qualification and rank badges. I believe these ranged from the 1920's through to the 1960's although I have not been able to find out much information on them.

Oz

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Any significance to the color green?
    With British badges some of the regiments have a traditional colour cloth backing such as the KRRC which is red, whilst others use different colours for the different battalions within the regiment, though I don't know if this applies to Australian regiments.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry, thanks for that info.

Best
    Jack

Page 63 of 111 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 ... LastLast