Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 67 of 111 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

hello everyone, been at the annual Military insignia show in Kansas City for the past 3 days. Have picked up a few Aussie items. Will post some later in the week . I am composing on my wife's I-Pad.

best
    Jack

Looking forward to seeing your new additions Jack.
    Is there much Aussie kit up for grabs over your way mate?

Cheers
    Dave

Hey Dave, not a lot of Australian items but some. At this past show it was mainly post WW2 items. Picked up a nice uniform group to a Major in the armored 1950. the dealer had broken many of the items up. some of the head gear just sold on eBay, nice slouchy and an armored beret. this veteran immigrated to Minnesota in the early 1950's. His daughter had brought his trunk with uniforms into the dealers shop and sold it about 1 month ago. the veteran had served in Ww2 and his 4 place ribbon bars are on the uniform.

best
    jack

G'day Jack,
    I saw those listings last week also mate.You see quite a few good slouchies on ebay US,and they tend to sell a tad more cheaply than down here. But saying that I have noticed a number of Australians bidding on these though and bumping the prices up.It can be a happy hunting ground at times though.

Just a side note re the GS hat badge I posted over the weekend. If you look hard you will notice the lettering is a smaller front than normal. It's certainly an interesting little critter.
    A few different makers for comparison.

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

I tend to think UK made WW1 replacement but it's such a greyish area one can't be sure of that.

Later all
    Dave

Thanks for sharing , Dave ~

Very nice comparison ~

( My Brother asked me if I would sell him a Rising Sun ~

Hmm !?~ Maybe When I 'detect' No 10 ~ LOL ~ I am up to number 5 ! But I guess ~ well already some with various manufacturers.)

Dave, Nice display and study on these badges. I seen a number of these this past weekend but did not grab any as I am still learning on what is desirable vs what is common. I am getting ready to post some pieces from this weekend, they are clearly post WW2 is it still OK to post these here?, or should we start a thread called Post WW2 Australian Insignia?

Best Jack

Royal Australian Regiment shoulder scrolls and hat badges earlier examples, the one in the center being embroidered on a canvas material.

2 of the hat badges are marked on the reverse Swann & Hudson Frankston Vic and 1 badge is marked Swann & Hudson Vic, guessing early to mid 1950's ??

hope you enjoy Best Jack

Post away Nice items mate.
    Early/mid 1950's would be spot on for the "flashes" (edged).
    Nice group of "Skippy Badges" also.
    Cheers for posting them Jack.

After a brief hiatus I am back to post an Armoured uniform group that was purchased at a military show in Kansas City roughly 2 weeks ago. Firstly some of these items are not WW2 however they have a connection back, so here we go. The Officer was Norman Wilson and he served in WW2 as best as I can determine from the paper work that accompanied the group with 2/1 Armoured Brigade Recon Squadron. There were several pieces of literature discussing this units use the "Frog" flamethrower Tank in operations in Borneo 1945. Mr. Wilson was still in the military in the early 50's as represented by the uniform shown, of which there are 2 in the group. When I purchased these at the K.C. show the dealer mentioned that Mr. Wilson's daughter had brought his trunk into the shop to sell the contents. The dealer went on to say that he had posted some of these items on ebay. I had seen the listings and there was a nice slouchy dated 1939 and a black beret. After returning from the show I watched the listings and purchased the black beret, it went much higher than I had hoped but hung in there to keep it with the uniforms. Mr Wilson had moved to the U.S in the mid fifties and started a family, he remained here until he passed away, date of which is unknown to me. He did stay in touch with his veteran associations and friends back in Australia, much of the paperwork pertains to this. Well that is enough talking so here are some pictures, hope you enjoy. Best Jack

Last edited by Jack Kelly; 09-17-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Nice pickup!

The uniform is early 1950s at a guess. Probably circa 1950-54.

Mick

Page 67 of 111 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 ... LastLast