Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 84 of 111 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Quote by Kenworth View Post
    Here is a couple more I have , NFI what they are, ( And dont say Sniper ) , was gonna Goggle it lol , but im sure Dave or another member can tell me quicker
    Gun layer and Sig's mate. There was also a crossed flag Sig's Qualification badge.

Gun layer and Sig's mate. There was also a crossed flag Sig's Qualification badge.
    Thanks Dave ,
    They were all from the same person , that I posted the earlier the TQ Cross Flags pics.
    Enlighten me on Gun Layer badge please. Never seen one before.

Fishing sounds good to me mate

A nice new set for Dave

61st Infantry Battalion "The Cameron Highlanders of Queensland" hat and collar insignia set.

These blokes were one of the Militia Battalions that defended Milne Bay from the Japanese seabourn landings in Aug-Sep of 1942 as part of 7 Brigade.
    The 61st took the initial Japanese assault and suffered 19 killed and 27 wounded over the coarse of the battle.
    This was a major strategic victory for the Australians as it prevented the Japanese from occupying the two Airfields located there (South East tip of New Guinea). This was the first time in the Pacific war that the Japanese could not achieve it's overall strategic objective. Port Moresby was still along way off and that only left the Kokoda route as the only viable means to achieve it's occupation.

Members of the 61st at Milne Bay

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave ,
    They were all from the same person , that I posted the earlier the TQ Cross Flags pics.
    Enlighten me on Gun Layer badge please. Never seen one before.
    Sorry mate I was flat out posting and miss identified the last one cobber.
    It's a Surveyors Quali. badge, I have a few things on my mind right now and my memory failed me. Sorry.
    A gun layer was responsible for setting up and aiming Artillery pieces.

Cheers mate

Dave

It's a Surveyors Quali. badge, A gun layer was responsible for setting up and aiming Artillery pieces.

Dave

Do you reckon I might just have good chance of finding any of those service badges around Irvinebank and Montalbion ?

After all thus far we have thus far established they have everything from 2 pounders to 6, 17, 25 pounder, 4.5", 5.5" and 155mm guns in training ~

" Fishing sounds good to me mate "
    After the end of next week you wont see nor hear from me for a month !
    Holidays ! , Park up my Big Rig , Fishing time Lakes Entrance thru to South Coast NSW , land based and deep sea charters And my Mrs can drive me everywhere we need to go , while I sit back and suck on a coldie
    As I drive for a living 6 days a week is only fair , and the pleasure has to last me another 12 months so I make the most of it !

Here's a nice gold gilt number with a Arendsen marked backing plate I posted a way's back

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

And a single 29th Battalion " The East Melbourne Regiment" collar.

I now have a set of collars but am still chasing a hat badge.

I do like the "Rising Sun" variants that are incorporated into some of the Militia era insignia.

Later gents

Dave

" Fishing sounds good to me mate "
    After the end of next week you wont see nor hear from me for a month !
    Holidays ! , Park up my Big Rig , Fishing time Lakes Entrance thru to South Coast NSW , land based and deep sea charters And my Mrs can drive me everywhere we need to go , while I sit back and suck on a coldie
    As I drive for a living 6 days a week is only fair , and the pleasure has to last me another 12 months so I make the most of it !
    That's the bloody way.
    I'm off chasing a few trout up the Highlands for a week come the end of this month. Can't come around fast enough. Some peace and quite for a change.
    Enjoy mate and drive a hook into a few.

Dave

Lakes Entrance thru to South Coast NSW , land based and deep sea charters And my Mrs can drive me everywhere we need to go , while I sit back and suck on a coldie
    Very Cool ~

I used to own a sparkie biz at Narooma and work the coast fishing in leisure times ~ out as far as Montague Island ~

Have not drowned a bait for almost two years ~ certainly not going to even consider dragging Barra out of Tinaroo ~ Certainly taking one's life in one's hand!! No actually eats the fish ~ well one bloke tells me he marinates the fish and it comes up fine !

Safer dodging Duck lice and skin infections MD for WWII relics I feel ~

"Bugger it's a Brass tap handle ~ Darling !!~ It is NOT a military Whistle ~ or a Rising Sun hat Badge !!"

Last edited by AT P Sweep; 01-12-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Hey Blokes

Sunday and finally parked the MD kit for the week ~ been a huge week ~ ( I should really put all the goodies together for a complete group snap, But the Seiko for one is already at the Jewelers for a renovation!)

I went out yesterday dodging the rains ~ and had some more successes ~

But have alook at these two I pulled yesterday ~ again in < 1 metre > of water ~

Completely unmolested in any way ~ but one is different to any other I have found ~

Does the off set pin version come from a Beret ?

Page 84 of 111 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 ... LastLast