Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 89 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Nice stick Kenworth! There must be a story about how you came by it?

Oz
    Not really I snagged it out of a guys shed

RAE , Royal Australian Engineers , Communication Units Patch

Hey Blokes

After last weekend~

"Terry" in Cairns found this last weekend in the same (Australian AMF ) WWII site ~ He did not show me on the day but sent these through last night ~ he figures they are (metal) Corpral Chevrons ??

Was there ever such a thing ?

[QUOTE=AT P Sweep;1136330]Hey Blokes

After last weekend~

"Terry" in Cairns found this last weekend in the same (Australian AMF ) WWII site ~ He did not show me on the day but sent these through last night ~ he figures they are (metal) Corpral Chevrons ??

Was there ever such a thing ?

Hi Sweep,
    Sorry I have not been around much lately, still having a rough go down here.
    I would not think their Australian but could well be US theatre made collar rank insignia.
    Just a punt
    Cheers all
    Dave

Dave

Cheers ~ Hope is all well again !

We thought maybe a Military band member regalia ~ but anther suggestion as there does not appear to be any same or similar to be found on the web ~

That theory is `in fact it may be a Trench art piece ~

Almost looks like a stencil for a single stripe??

Dave I hope everything rights itself for you buddy.
    Best
    Jack

Here is a question. Posted are 3 badges all of which I am calling 5th Light Horse. All three are of different size. the middle badge is dimensionaly what I would call a uniform jacket piece. The bottom possibly Jacket or Slouchy. The top badge is quite a bit larger and unknown to me for what uniform or other use. Can anyone explain this one and on the broader topic did badges vary in size based on where they would be worn? I understand the mini's were worn to denote prior service however none of these posted are in that range.
    Best
    Jack

AIF
    ?

Hi Jack the design of the patch is actually for the 1st division Artillery AIF (WW1) and was also worn by the 1st Aust division Artillery AMF (WW2) and is still worn to this day by the 2/10th field regiment who wears it flipped on its side.

As for authenticity and the sizes you will have to post some measurements and some better pics as the flash has made it too hard for me to tell.

Cheers Luke.

Luke, thanks for the correction on unit. Will get some dimensions and better pics. Do you use inches or MM ?

Jack

Hope these photos are better, I need to get a better camera. I have measured in inches, there may be slight variations by 1/16" or less in these measurements. Once I knew the unit I went back and found a 2AIF version of the patch. Thanks for looking in on this post.

Jack

Page 89 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 ... LastLast