Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 90 of 111 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

AIF
    ?

Hi mate, I would say the top one is either a WW1 vintage or quite possibly a post war (1920's-30's) militia patch.
    The second patch could be either a pre war (1930's) or a wartime militia (AMF) and the third one could either be a rather small WW2 militia patch or an unfinished WW2 AIF patch as you can see that it has the same dimensions internally as the 2nd AIF patch you have posted below it.

Luke.

AIF
    ?

Although patches are supposed to be a uniform size you will always encounter discrepancies and variations from different manufacturers

Luke , many thanks for that information. I mentioned once before that I am the only Australian collector in my area that I know of. So a bit of a struggle but always learning. Still trying to run down a copy of Glydes book on cloth badges.

Best
    Jack

Risked Hell and stormy skies to do a camp site recce today ~

Two of us defied forcasts of more storms, rain and Armageddon to check out three new camp sites.. two were a case of .. "Lets try another angle/ approach!"

But Mate pulled this rare Puppy ~ In superb condition! I have never seen one in real Life and he did not realise what he found ~

Drivers Badge ~

AIF
    ?

Nice find! These things are far from being rare though... I have seen 100's of them and I own 4 or 5 myself... Now pull a Henty Regiment badge out the ground and then you will have something rare!!

Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers Luke.

AIF
    ?

Quote by Jack Kelly View Post
    Luke , many thanks for that information. I mentioned once before that I am the only Australian collector in my area that I know of. So a bit of a struggle but always learning. Still trying to run down a copy of Glydes book on cloth badges.

Best
    Jack
    Always happy to help you mate... You seem to be getting quite the collection together now, you will have to do a group shot one day!

Cheers Luke

Quote by Jack Kelly View Post

Best
    Jack
    G'day Jack,

Tried a quick search for "Distinguishing colour patches of the Australian Military Forces 1915-1951 : a reference guide" to no avail!!, If I find one I'll let you know. And no you can't have mine.

I have seen 100's of them and I own 4 or 5 myself...
    Luke
    Let me put it another way ~ I have 19 Rising Suns ~ and some 14 Australia shoulder badges - as BTW I found another one yesterday ~ plus numerous general service buttons ~ and I have never seen a Transport driver's badge ~ either in the field .. or else where for that matter ~

Now pull a Henty Regiment badge out the ground and then you will have something rare!
    I am working on it ~ LOL

AIF
    ?

This is what I use Jack, it is the first ever publication on colour patches sold in 1945 here in Australia it covers most patches but leaves out a few of the more obscure ones... I would say Keith based a lot of his book off of this one as I can see a lot of similarities between the two.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Thanks Luke and Rene, I had seen/heard of the Sun publication shown. I assume these are a bit scarce even in Australia? I have various internet sources that I have cobbled together, but nothing definitive. I know just enough to be dangerous.

Best
    Jack

Page 90 of 111 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 ... LastLast