Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 92 of 111 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Here's a Slouchy one my Wifey gave me for my B'day today

Happy Birthday Rene!

I have made this thread a sticky, long overdue I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hello to all my Aussie collecting friends, hope all is well. In to summer here so kind of slow on the collecting front. Will try to get something interesting to post soon.
    Best
    Jack

Hey Jack ~

I see the Great Lakes over there a bit of a seasonal worry ! ??

First day of Winter here ~ and it does seen abnormally cool and Wintery than usual for us in the Far North QLD wet tropics ~

Rene ~

Thanks for Posting

I spent some time yesterday looking for a good close up example of the Rising Sun !

Brilliant Reference ~

As many on site may well know I have decided to renovate my latest Rising Sun finds as they are both really well travelled and look like they have been "IN the Wars" literally by the wear and tear on them ~

I have smeared with lemon juice to regain the original brown patina ~ which has helped but will need to do some more work on them to regain the status of Rene's example !

Hey Blokes

Can anyone advise me on the details of the Rising Sun 9 ct Gold ?

There is one record of such an item ~ But there is or was one listed on EBay last week ! (Maybe it is a repop I am not sure ~ )

9ct Yellow Gold Australian Commonwealth Military Forces Rising SUN Badge | eBay

Sweetheart brooch : Captain A McKean, 18 Battalion, AIF | Australian War Memorial

Hello Sweeps, the Great Lakes can and do play havoc in the winter. Chicago can be tough in the winter with lake effect snow. My son is attending college there now, but summer is in full swing so living Is good.

Best
    Jack

Jack

Glad to see you are having great weather ~

Ours have declined in very abnormal Winter weather for the Wet tropics.. If you can call a low of 14 deg C ( <38 F> ) as Winter ~ LOL

But it has not stopped raining fr weeks now and blowing gales ~ The last two Rising Suns are the last time I was fossicking ~

Over here the State government has produced a new Add on for Google Earth ad the results are amazing , particularly for WWII amateur archaeologists ~

In fact one local area has been opened up to easy access on some 9 sites ~ so hoping for some great results ~

My personal goal at the moment is Regimental Badges ~ Aust or US ~

( As can be seen on my blog ~ we are going through a very interesting issue with two identical firearms finds ! Any help on identifying the "revolver " would be appreciated! ")
    Last edited by AT P Sweep; 06-19-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Hi gents,
    As a few of you blokes know I have been in an epic battle for the last few months attempting to have my little one recovered from interstate. All is now well in my world as Eliza is now under my wing and I have custody of her. Being a single working dad is a time consuming exercise that's for sure but well worth the effort. The most nobal job a bloke can have. I will have a look over the thread over the next couple of days. Thaanks to all that have posted and kept the thread alive. Cheers for the sticky by the way.
    All the best everyone.
    Dave

Dave

Good on you ~

Nice to know you have such an obvious significant Win ~

May the Gods smile on you and your little family ~ and all goes your way ~

Page 92 of 111 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 ... LastLast