Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Anything else out there fella's ?
    If you have them keep posting.
    I will be doing a new image session on my 30-42 collection over the next couple of weeks. I will be consolidating my sets into single images to clean up my files. I'll post them when finished.

All the best

Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 09-24-2014 at 09:11 AM.

AIF
    ?

Looks like you have picked up a few nice badges there Dave!! Nice work mate, I have been a bit slack on the insignia front the last few months I have been sticking with the uniforms paperwork and webbing side of this lately although I did pick up a nice set of 30-42 series RAE officers collars which were missing from the collection the other day, I guess I need to find another oxy KGVI RAE hat badge nowI will... I will post them up when they turn up.

I thought some might get a kick out of my renovation of a couple of my Rising Suns finds ~ (despite having posted on my blog as well as many will be aware of !)

If you think I was over the Moon with the result of electrolysis process you are not wrong !

Before

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fossick #142 Relics  (1) .JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	748744

After ~ ( Plus US Army officer's jacket buckle, a AMF button and another little sadder RS.)

Name:	Electrol Take two  One run  (3)  ].JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	748745

The curved insignia most likely came off a visor cap sweep. Jolly good stuff mate.
    Post away Lucas. What's that woman's name again mate

I was going to wait until I had taken my new set of images but I still haven't so here we go for today,

59th Battalion "The Hume Regiment" collars

Name:	59th Battalion The Hume Regiment collars 3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	748773Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59th Battalion The Hume Regiment collars 4.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	748776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59th Battalion The Hume Regiment collars 2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	244.9 KB 
ID:	748782

I do like the little enamelled numbers I must say.

I'll post a some RAAF insignia soon as well.
    All the best fella's

Dave

And remember post um if you have them.

Hey Blokes Can you answer a question for me. As far as I know there were NO Australian badges with 'clutch pins" ~

I see nice collection on Fleabay and they ALL have clutch pins ! (??) I was of the opinion that onl US had clutch pins(??)

I don't mind a few re-pops but not when all listed come with clutch pines ~ And~ was there EVER an Australian Rising Sun with only "Australian Army" on the badge ~ (??)

But then I am a novice at this stuff..

Thanks in advance

Hi mate,
    Clutch pins were used post Vietnam as opposed to the old lug system I believe.
    The RS I question would be post 1991 I would think.

Name:  Australian_Army_Emblem_Transparent[1].png
Views: 111
Size:  69.8 KB

This is the seventh version if it's the one you mean.

All the best

Dave

Yes that's the one ~ Cheers Dave ~

But when the lot includes a WWII German armoured reg badge I am doubtful of the originality ~ I guess WWII German badges are whole different Universe ~ and based on the price of < $40 > I am confident there are a few re-pops there !

(But as I stated ~ I am not unhappy about re-pops especially IF I want original design Nazi or Wehrmacht relics ! )

My old mob circa 1986
    Clutch pins

Name:	PICT0059.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	749687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0060.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	749688

I kept my old RTR's (Royal Tasmania Regiment) and treasure them still to this day. We were an Independent Rifle Company at the time but still wore this Insignia. It's a good metal number not a poxy plastic version.

I think the lot your looking at Sweep are modern items mate, Post late 60's.

Some more "Modern" clutch backs

Name:	PICT0064.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	749693

All the best cobber

Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 10-07-2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Added image

Quote by AT P Sweep View Post
    Yes that's the one ~ Cheers Dave ~

But when the lot includes a WWII German armoured reg badge I am doubtful of the originality ~ I guess WWII German badges are whole different Universe ~ and based on the price of < $40 > I am confident there are a few re-pops there !

(But as I stated ~ I am not unhappy about re-pops especially IF I want original design Nazi or Wehrmacht relics ! )
    Have a look at the German Awards threads, It will answer your questions. Nearly all TR awards are copied and at that price I would think that is what your looking at without any pic's. Save and purchase a "good" TR piece mate as in the end reproductions just aren't the same.

Cheers mate ~

I hear you loud and clear ~ I have a great partner but she really does despair over me buying collectibles as well as digging them up ~

I have to resist getting into the "pool" as it were ~

And I really admire what you blokes have ~

I am currently clearing out the last of the Motorcycle bits ~nuch to Ms M's delight~ and clearing large holes in the storage spaces ~ and the new tool box is slowly being engulfed by the relics both MD'ed and purchased ~

Name:	Electro batch two final  (12) .JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	749691

Today's comparison of MD relics rejuvenated V Original collectibles.

Name:	Butons & Relic  renovation Oct 6 (4).JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	749692

I would like a few Wehrmacht relics but what a rocky and DEEP path! (Even if it WAS a crushed original Wehrmacht canteen cup! LOL)