Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Anything else out there fella's ?
    If you have them keep posting.
    I will be doing a new image session on my 30-42 collection over the next couple of weeks. I will be consolidating my sets into single images to clean up my files. I'll post them when finished.

All the best

Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 09-24-2014 at 09:11 AM.

AIF
    ?

Looks like you have picked up a few nice badges there Dave!! Nice work mate, I have been a bit slack on the insignia front the last few months I have been sticking with the uniforms paperwork and webbing side of this lately although I did pick up a nice set of 30-42 series RAE officers collars which were missing from the collection the other day, I guess I need to find another oxy KGVI RAE hat badge nowI will... I will post them up when they turn up.

I thought some might get a kick out of my renovation of a couple of my Rising Suns finds ~ (despite having posted on my blog as well as many will be aware of !)

If you think I was over the Moon with the result of electrolysis process you are not wrong !

Before

After ~ ( Plus US Army officer's jacket buckle, a AMF button and another little sadder RS.)

The curved insignia most likely came off a visor cap sweep. Jolly good stuff mate.
    Post away Lucas. What's that woman's name again mate

I was going to wait until I had taken my new set of images but I still haven't so here we go for today,

59th Battalion "The Hume Regiment" collars

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

I do like the little enamelled numbers I must say.

I'll post a some RAAF insignia soon as well.
    All the best fella's

Dave

And remember post um if you have them.

Hey Blokes Can you answer a question for me. As far as I know there were NO Australian badges with 'clutch pins" ~

I see nice collection on Fleabay and they ALL have clutch pins ! (??) I was of the opinion that onl US had clutch pins(??)

I don't mind a few re-pops but not when all listed come with clutch pines ~ And~ was there EVER an Australian Rising Sun with only "Australian Army" on the badge ~ (??)

But then I am a novice at this stuff..

Thanks in advance

Hi mate,
    Clutch pins were used post Vietnam as opposed to the old lug system I believe.
    The RS I question would be post 1991 I would think.

This is the seventh version if it's the one you mean.

All the best

Dave

Yes that's the one ~ Cheers Dave ~

But when the lot includes a WWII German armoured reg badge I am doubtful of the originality ~ I guess WWII German badges are whole different Universe ~ and based on the price of < $40 > I am confident there are a few re-pops there !

(But as I stated ~ I am not unhappy about re-pops especially IF I want original design Nazi or Wehrmacht relics ! )

My old mob circa 1986
    Clutch pins

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

I kept my old RTR's (Royal Tasmania Regiment) and treasure them still to this day. We were an Independent Rifle Company at the time but still wore this Insignia. It's a good metal number not a poxy plastic version.

I think the lot your looking at Sweep are modern items mate, Post late 60's.

Some more "Modern" clutch backs

All the best cobber

Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 10-07-2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Added image

Quote by AT P Sweep View Post
    Yes that's the one ~ Cheers Dave ~

But when the lot includes a WWII German armoured reg badge I am doubtful of the originality ~ I guess WWII German badges are whole different Universe ~ and based on the price of < $40 > I am confident there are a few re-pops there !

(But as I stated ~ I am not unhappy about re-pops especially IF I want original design Nazi or Wehrmacht relics ! )
    Have a look at the German Awards threads, It will answer your questions. Nearly all TR awards are copied and at that price I would think that is what your looking at without any pic's. Save and purchase a "good" TR piece mate as in the end reproductions just aren't the same.

Cheers mate ~

I hear you loud and clear ~ I have a great partner but she really does despair over me buying collectibles as well as digging them up ~

I have to resist getting into the "pool" as it were ~

And I really admire what you blokes have ~

I am currently clearing out the last of the Motorcycle bits ~nuch to Ms M's delight~ and clearing large holes in the storage spaces ~ and the new tool box is slowly being engulfed by the relics both MD'ed and purchased ~

Today's comparison of MD relics rejuvenated V Original collectibles.

I would like a few Wehrmacht relics but what a rocky and DEEP path! (Even if it WAS a crushed original Wehrmacht canteen cup! LOL)

Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast