MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

I hear you mate and fully understand. I think your interest and the energy you spend "digging up the past" is highly commendable and must be very fulfilling. It's good work you do mate.

Here's those WW2 RAAF Insignia I said I would post.
    A random selection of cloth

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Sorry the images got scrambled up. I like the Inter/Early War set of wings and the leather backed boards. I picked up this lot very cheaply and am a happy camper even though RAAF stuff is not high on my collector's list. The complete lot including some post WW2 items.

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Enjoy you RAAF blokes

All the best

Dave

G'day all,
    I have one here that you may be able to help me with Jerry. I've noticed you have done some research re WW1 RAF sleeve Eagles.
    This one is facing opposed to the WW2 issued examples. Early opposed sleeve Eagle? The maker is Ludlow and the only threaded pin is around 5mm long.
    What do you think mate if I could ask.?

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

I've had a good look around but am still inconclusive re it's era. Any help would be great on this one.
    Sorry about the rushed/poor images but I'm getting better. Well sometimes

Thanks mate

All the best

Dave

I can't help on this one but.. whad do ya mean poor pics!?!?! these are good shots!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I can't help on this one but.. whad do ya mean poor pics!?!?! these are good shots!
    White background in two and a blue. Bottom image off centre. Or is it just Obsessive Compulsive Disorder mate

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    White background in two and a blue. Bottom image off centre. Or is it just Obsessive Compulsive Disorder mate
    Hmmmphhhh! Dave oh Dave!!!!!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hmmmphhhh! Dave oh Dave!!!!!
    Hehehehehehehe

Ok your fired!!!!!

LOL

Well it is important to glean good contrast and balance to emphasis the best possible qualities of one's relics and collectibles ! Is it not !

Bugger not again mate

The Ludlow makers mark is circa WWII, in WWI they used the mark Ludski. Either version is quite a rare makers mark to see, and in this case the birdy is WWII Dave.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    G'day all,
    I have one here that you may be able to help me with Jerry. I've noticed you have done some research re WW1 RAF sleeve Eagles.
    This one is facing opposed to the WW2 issued examples. Early opposed sleeve Eagle? The maker is Ludlow and the only threaded pin is around 5mm long.
    What do you think mate if I could ask.?

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

I've had a good look around but am still inconclusive re it's era. Any help would be great on this one.
    Sorry about the rushed/poor images but I'm getting better. Well sometimes

Thanks mate

All the best

Dave
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 ... LastLast