Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAF bomb aimer brevet, adapted to navigator.

Article about: Recently picked this navigator brevet up, and it is obvious that the "N" for navigator has been added with some kind of white paint. on closer inspection, from the rear of the badg

Default RAF bomb aimer brevet, adapted to navigator.

Recently picked this navigator brevet up, and it is obvious that the "N" for navigator has been added with some kind of white paint.
    on closer inspection, from the rear of the badge, it is possible to see the faint trace of where the "B" from the Bomb aimer has been unpicked.

I wonder if this was due to a shortage in navigator badges, or change of role etc.
    or even (hopefully not) changed by a reenactor.

I found it interesting anyway, and thought id show it.

RAF bomb aimer brevet, adapted to navigator.RAF bomb aimer brevet, adapted to navigator.RAF bomb aimer brevet, adapted to navigator.

Certainly an interesting piece Ed. i am not up on RAF insignia so could not comment on its authenticity, but hopefully a period done modification of original insignia, adds a little something to it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Bananamafia, I would suggest that your brevei is original and that the two explanations which you suggest are both very plausable!! Whilst in the RAF, I have known of squadrons and units locally purchasing insignia when supply has been delaysed and also of badges being bastardised in the way yours is. If it came my way, it would be a definitive inclusion in my collection as a converted variation. Nice little badge!!!

Cheers MR

PS, Navigators were referred to as "Talking Bagage" in my day!! Possibly a bit unfair!!
    MR