Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Brevetts and metal Air Gunners badge

Article about: Hi Guys, these came into work this week with a load of other original wartime and WW1 British cap badges in metal and plastic. The brass Air Gunners badges are much faked. This one is good i

Default RAF Brevetts and metal Air Gunners badge

Hi Guys, these came into work this week with a load of other original wartime and WW1 British cap badges in metal and plastic.

The brass Air Gunners badges are much faked. This one is good in my opinion, it has the correct 3 lug fitting and backing plate. Fakes have only 2 lugs. Badge was introduced 1923 and declared obsolete by 1939 with the introduction of the AG brevette.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Brevetts and metal Air Gunners badge   RAF Brevetts and metal Air Gunners badge  

RAF Brevetts and metal Air Gunners badge   RAF Brevetts and metal Air Gunners badge  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

I used to have the same Airgunner's badge on my Irvine jacket (collar not left sleeve) but lost it on a drunken night out in this boozer in Bridgnorth when what's best described as a difference of opinion with another patron "escalated rather quickly" some years ago.

RAF Brevetts and metal Air Gunners badge

Regretful, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.