Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

RAF cap badges

Article about: Hi Guys, here are two RAF cap badges from my collection. These are a very common badge to find. But the one on the left is interesting in that it was found bricked up inside a wall locally f

Default RAF cap badges

Hi Guys, here are two RAF cap badges from my collection. These are a very common badge to find.

But the one on the left is interesting in that it was found bricked up inside a wall locally for some unknown reason? A friend discovered it and gave it to me.

The one on the right shows heavy wear from years of polishing, but this appearance can sometimes be decieving. It has also been bent to give it a curved shape. Sometimes this kind of look was done by National Service men after the war to made them look like "old sweats". My Dad told me it was very fashionable until the Sgt Major in his unit (RASC) put a stop to it!

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF cap badges  

Default Re: RAF cap badges

hi ade the curved raf badge i have one in my collection i used to chat to an old fellow at the glasgow barras market he was in the raf in ww2 he told me they used to use a broom handle to curve the badge he used to keep his buspass in a solid gold cigarette case with the eagle and swastika on the front said he got it in berlin in 1946 kind regards duncan