Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Cuff-links

Article about: I was recently given a pair of cuff-links that I was told were given to RAF fighter pilots in 1949. I am not sure the legitimacy of the items, and if anyone knows more about these items I wo

?

Default RAF Cuff-links

I was recently given a pair of cuff-links that I was told were given to RAF fighter pilots in 1949. I am not sure the legitimacy of the items, and if anyone knows more about these items I would appreciate your expertise, as I can not find info on them anywhere. I will attach a picture below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Cuff-links  

Default Re: RAF Cuff-links

Hi, I have added the pic for you.

The 1949 story does not fit: note the Queens Crown used post 1953.

I think these are just commercially bought items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

My Dad has/had this same set, he used to wear them when he went for a drink with his mates at the RAFA club, i think he bought them through the RAFA but i'm not 100% sure.

?

Well the story behind them was that the man my brother got them from ( he is in training to be a pilot so they guy at the yard sale gave them to him, but they weren't on sale) was about 80 years old. He said his father had received them after the war( which I assumed to be when the war ended but I'm not certain of the year, rookie mistake I guess) and had thrown them out as he wanted not to have anything to do with the RAF after the war. His son had retrieved them from the bin and kept them all these years and passed them onto my brother who, as I mentioned before, is training to be a pilot, I guess he thought it was a fitting place to go to.

Regardless of the history they're still a nice gift for your brother.