Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RAF WW1 wings

Article about: Here is a set of wings from WW1 given to a Canadian officer serving with the RAF very late in the war. I'm not sure if you call this 'Aldershot' pattern for WW1 cloth or not.

Default Re: RAF WW1 wings

Hi,
    Nice set of wings, i love the old ww1 flying gear i have a set of R.F.C, wings i got many yrs ago. here are the 1917 issue khaki colour i would like to know the value of these. hope you like them.
    dave

sorry the pics isnt very good

Hi Panzer,

Unfortunately the pictures you provided don't inspire confidence. The brevet you show has quite few hallmarks of 1960's-1970's manufacture. Really clear pictures would be a very large help but right now I am not too hopeful.

Gary
    Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Nice set of wings, i love the old ww1 flying gear i have a set of R.F.C, wings i got many yrs ago. here are the 1917 issue khaki colour i would like to know the value of these. hope you like them.
    dave

sorry the pics isnt very good

What did you think of that shoulder flash Gary?

Hi SCB,

Anything with a black mesh on the back gives me the heeby jeebies. Doesn't mean it is not authentic but a picture won't cut it in those cases. There is a classic example for sale on the Collectors Guild right now if you wish to see a good one.

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by SatansCabanaBoy View Post
    What did you think of that shoulder flash Gary?

Thanks dude...I think I got shanked again...lol

Hi Gary,
    Thanks for the reply on my R.F.C, wings, but i think you are a bit out with the dates im affraid as when i was in the army i was at aldershot depot ( home of the airborne ) on a course.
    there was a store to be cleared out and everything burned,
    as N.C.O,s we could go in and have a look around to see if there was anything of use, i came across an old moth eaten R.F.C, tunic
    i took the wings off but stupidly left the buttons. the wings have been accessed as 1917, i have no problem were they originate
    from as i took them myself.
    Dave.

sorry the pic is blurd

Hi Dave,

That's why I said you needed better pictures. So how about some better pictures! Right now the thin RFC lettering is what looks to be the problem. With better detailed pictures we can actually see what we are looking at.
    Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Gary,
    Thanks for the reply on my R.F.C, wings, but i think you are a bit out with the dates im affraid as when i was in the army i was at aldershot depot ( home of the airborne ) on a course.
    there was a store to be cleared out and everything burned,
    as N.C.O,s we could go in and have a look around to see if there was anything of use, i came across an old moth eaten R.F.C, tunic
    i took the wings off but stupidly left the buttons. the wings have been accessed as 1917, i have no problem were they originate
    from as i took them myself.
    Dave.

sorry the pic is blurd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2