Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment, 1953-69.

Article about: A post 1953 and pre 1969 version of a regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment. It has 28 battle honours which are most of them shown on the Queens and regimental colours. Note the versio

Default A regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment, 1953-69.

A post 1953 and pre 1969 version of a regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment.

It has 28 battle honours which are most of them shown on the Queens and regimental colours. Note the version of the colours shown have the kings crown and is that from before the reign of QEII whilst the drums have the queens crown from after 1953. The regiment was amalgamated with the South Wales Borderers to form the Royal Regiment of Wales in 1969 and then in 2006 were again amalgamated with the RWF to form the current regiment the Royal Welsh Regiment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment, 1953-69.   A regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment, 1953-69.  

A regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment, 1953-69.   A regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment, 1953-69.  

A regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment, 1953-69.   A regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment, 1953-69.  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Some more pix, one to show it next to some other items to show its size and a couple of detail shots showing the build up of dust and also the rust on it the fittings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment, 1953-69.   A regimental side drum for the Welch Regiment, 1953-69.  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Some more pix, one to show it next to some other items to show its size and a couple of detail shots showing the build up of dust and also the rust on it the fittings.
    Hello, some great pics of your drum! I am trying to track something similar down for a project of mine (making some side tables for my study), please could you advise where you got it from? (I am a serving RWELSH Officer, a regiment formed from an amalgamation of the RRW (successor regiment to the WELCH) and the RWF.

Bryn, hello and welcome. I bought it in Jacobs antique centre in Cardiff just before I posted this thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Bryn, hello and welcome. I bought it in Jacobs antique centre in Cardiff just before I posted this thread.
    Thank you - I will keep an eye out there.

The armoury of St James in London has some amazing examples of what I am after (link below) - just nothing from a regiment I am interested in (SWB/WELCH/RRW/RWF/RWELSH).

The Armoury of St James's
    – The Armoury St James's

Really nice!

Lovely drums, I know those Premier side drums well.