Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Royal Australian Navy Patches

Article about: Here are a group of RAN jacket patches. These were purchased out of shops near the Subic Bay U.S Naval Base in the Philippine Islands in the late 70's early 80's. Made for sailors on shore l

Default Royal Australian Navy Patches

Here are a group of RAN jacket patches. These were purchased out of shops near the Subic Bay U.S Naval Base in the Philippine Islands in the late 70's early 80's. Made for sailors on shore leave when in port. Not sure how often Australian ships were at the Subic Bay facility but it must have been regular enough for some enterprising tailor to make up these patches.

This was part of a small collection of RAN patches I was able to purchase from the son of a fellow who brought them back from the Philippines. These might be referred to as "el cheapos" compared to the official RAN issue pieces, if there is such a thing. Always liked these designs, while somewhat crude, they have character. Enjoy Jack

?

Really nice,

I have a largish collection of current RAN Shoulder patches, my wife is a petty officer so I pick them up cheap or get donations from her sailors!

Thanks, we do not see much RAN here in the U.S. I will continue to post more.

Best
    jack

Hi Jack,
    Orion,Oxley,Otama,Otway were Oberon class subs.
    Tobruk is a Landing vessel (she may be decommisioned)
    Fremantle was the name ship for a patrol boat class (250 tons).
    Swan and Yarra were River class AS Frigates.
    Ibis and Snipe were a old Ton class Minesweepers (Wooded hulled).
    Nirimba and Watson are bases.
    Hope this is of some help.
    Nice patches mate
    Dave

?

Ill post some pics of mine when I dig them out.....I have modern ones of Tobruk, Watson and Fremantle...

?

Here's a brand new one, this one is to be worn up till the end of the Fleet review in October....big RAN event in sydney
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Australian Navy Patches  

?

Here's a few
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Australian Navy Patches   Royal Australian Navy Patches  

?

These are the current official ship and establishment patches worn on the Disruptive Pattern Naval Uniform (DPNU) daily dress

Nice stuff Tony.
    Cheers again for the thread Jack.

All the best fella's
    Dave

?

I dragged my wife's uniform off it's hanger for this quick shot, she would kill me! Also a shot of ships crests, RAN white ensigns for wear on Army DPCU
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Australian Navy Patches   Royal Australian Navy Patches  

Royal Australian Navy Patches   Royal Australian Navy Patches  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast