Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

royal dragoon cap badge not sure on age

Article about: hi all, thanks for looking i have recently purchased a box full of cap badges and this was in there a friend has told me its not ww2 and not ww1 its older than that but i think its ww1 lol c

Default royal dragoon cap badge not sure on age

hi all,
    thanks for looking
    i have recently purchased a box full of cap badges and this was in there a friend has told me its not ww2 and not ww1 its older than that but i think its ww1 lol can anyone give me some info on it please and if its original not reproduction
    thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture royal dragoon cap badge not sure on age   royal dragoon cap badge not sure on age  

royal dragoon cap badge not sure on age   royal dragoon cap badge not sure on age  

royal dragoon cap badge not sure on age  

?

I am no badge expert but understand the 1st Royal Dragoon Guards did have a Victorian Crown Badge (which I believe this is) which came into service in 1898 and was replaced in 1915 by a Kings Crown Badge. I cannot say for sure that this is not a copy/restrike but it does look like a viable badge fro the pics you have posted. Best wishes - Mark