Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

RWF bullion collar badges circa 1890

Article about: absolutely beautiful officers bullion collar badges for the red tunic circa 1890, very lucky to get these and they are in fantastic condition. Never seen any of these outside the regimental

Default RWF bullion collar badges circa 1890

absolutely beautiful officers bullion collar badges for the red tunic circa 1890, very lucky to get these and they are in fantastic condition. Never seen any of these outside the regimental museum. If you notice, they have the beast that looks more like a Griffin than a Dragon which has no loop in the tail. Also note they are bigger than the later type collars and also the flames are much wider.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RWF bullion collar badges circa 1890   RWF bullion collar badges circa 1890  

RWF bullion collar badges circa 1890   RWF bullion collar badges circa 1890  

Last edited by Jerry B; 06-04-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice condition.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

My internet was playing up the other day and seems better today so adding this extra detail picture of one of the beasts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RWF bullion collar badges circa 1890  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Those are stunning Jerry a very nice pick up indeed any thoughts on how you are going to display them.

Regards Mark

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Those are stunning Jerry a very nice pick up indeed any thoughts on how you are going to display them.

Regards Mark
    Thanks Mark.

At some stage I will decide I have enough insignia for the RWF and have them all set into a frame.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Jerry the detail on the dragons are amazing I do not collect RWF insignia or items but I would not have hesitated on pulling the trigger on these and adding them to my own collection

Regards Mark

A bronze officers pair for the service dress with the same early type of beast but the narrow flames of the later type, probably a transitional type dating to between the 1890's and the early 1920's. The actual dates of the various changes are not known.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RWF bullion collar badges circa 1890  
    Regards,

Jerry