Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Seabees patch

Article about: Picked up this patch today at the Hasbrouck Heights VFW show measures 4" ,,,comments welcomed...will post some photo's of the show later,on the show thread............Dave H

Default Seabees patch

Picked up this patch today at the Hasbrouck Heights VFW show measures 4" ,,,comments welcomed...will post some photo's of the show later,on the show thread............Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seabees patch   Seabees patch  

Hi Dave, I like it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

me too, nice

?

Very nice there are so many variations in this patch, I believe this one to be a pocket patch from the early 60s

?

Hello. As a former Sea Bee I have collected lots CB patches. This one looks like a custom or theater made patch. The details in the bee are just not there like the contract US made ones. When I was stationed in the H.O.A. from '09-'11 the Philippino guys in the tailor shop would make CB patches for us.
    It will be tough to pin point origin or date. The only way you might be able to is by finding a vet who has one very similar in style and he can tell you where it was made. It could be Vietnam, PI, Japan, Guam or any of the Pacific Rim.
    But it is still a very cool patch. Good job.

?

I think it is occupied Japan. I might be wrong but I have seen 2 similar ones in private collections that were attributed to post war occupied Japan. It is a very good patch to have.