Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Silver Seabee's Ring US Navy

Article about: This found me today, and I'd like to find out a bit more about it if possible It's silver and marked sterling, with nice quality enamel detail, and it looks like it has been worn a lot from

Default Silver Seabee's Ring US Navy

This found me today, and I'd like to find out a bit more about it if possible It's silver and marked sterling, with nice quality enamel detail, and it looks like it has been worn a lot from the wear on the high points. Any idea of the timeframe this might have been used, and what for exactly? Presentation upon completion of training for example? I added a few pics at x20 ADM for good measure, and a good excuse to break out the microscope

Thank you guys!
    Andy

Silver Seabee's Ring US NavySilver Seabee's Ring US NavySilver Seabee's Ring US NavySilver Seabee's Ring US NavySilver Seabee's Ring US NavySilver Seabee's Ring US Navy

Default Re: Silver Seabee's Ring US Navy

Hi Andy, like most military rings, these could be bought in the PX, military tailors shops, etc. Anyone who fancied one could buy one.

Could be WW2 but could equally be later. Sorry to be vague. Others with more expertise might know more?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hard to tell what period it is from.
    We American still wear all types of military ring today.
    chris

Thanks for the response guys, I'll hammer google a bit more to see if anything comes up

From the design and the enameling, I'd be guessing Viet Nam era.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I've seen the rings before but not as nice as one like this much better quality but there is damage I would say maybe occupation era

Thanks chaps, I quite like it so I may keep it. It fits too, which helps

Cheers,
    Andy

CBH
    ?

I have a WW2 era Sea Bee's lapel pin , i'll see if I can find it and post a photo .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver Seabee's Ring US Navy   Silver Seabee's Ring US Navy  

Last edited by CBH; 01-30-2013 at 08:32 PM.