Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Soldiers Private Purchase picture frame 1943

Article about: Hi all, Im so lucky to have all the photos of my pop firing the big artillery "25 pounders" etc and loads more. This below is something i just love but know nothing of it except it

Default Soldiers Private Purchase picture frame 1943

Hi all,
    Im so lucky to have all the photos of my pop firing the big artillery "25 pounders" etc and loads more.
    This below is something i just love but know nothing of it except its real and from ww2. Anyone know if these were issued by the Australian army or a private purchase outside of the Australian defence force. I do know he got it for my nanna while he was away
    I just love it! Such a really nice frame and one im so proud to own !!!!

My pops aussie ww2 picture frame from 1943 by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Items like this were private purchase. I can see why you like it so much.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers Ade, were there bought from the army do you think? Similer to the shop on like a US aircraft carrier were they sell hats , patches etc?
    Maybe it was something a civilian shop makes? The rising sun looks to official for that though

NAAFI type place I would imagine, that's a nice thing to have mate

Good looking frame!....

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    NAAFI type place I would imagine, that's a nice thing to have mate

Ahhhhhhhhh! Just looked up what NAAFi is and that hits the nail on the head! Cheers mate! Makes sence!
    Yep so proud to own it and cant find any listed online anywhere except 1

Does the badge look to have been added to an existing frame, or made as part of it? Looks great either way.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

AIF
    ?

Hi mate nice frame! These frames were sold here in Australia in shops and photo studios during the war, something for proud mums wives or girlfriends to put a picture of their soldier in uniform in. I have several tin frames like this plus other wooden types as well. They would put a rising sun on almost anything during the war.

Cheers Luke.