Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some of my collection

Article about: Not the best pictures but here is some of my collection. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Burt

Default Re: Some of my collection

Any input on the new pictures of the armbands ladies and gentelmen? I believe the SS one is authentic but not so sure on the Hitler Youth.

Thanks

Burt

The HJ is fine.

The SS armband is more contentious. The basic armband is fine. The issue here is when the RZM labels were put on these. Some say they were from SS stocks given to volunteers for temporary duites.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, I have seen a few others exactly like it. They all claim they were only worn on the SS overcoats. Have you heard this? I was baffled at first because there were no black stripes on the edges. Too bad a big fat moth got to this before I got it.

Burt

Hi Burt, I have heard this too and I am far from convinced. No period documentation or photos to back it up.

My take: period armband with the addition of dubious labels.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Great stuff buddie.

Thanks for your opinion Ade,
    Any other comments on this one? The thing that has me convinced is that the box of medals and other items this armband came from was not opened since WWII. Why would someone during or just after the war apply a bogus SS tag? Is there any former SS folks in this fourm who can clear this up? Not saying you're wrong Ade, I even agree with you on this one but at the time this came from I believe, was before it was cool to make fakes. The box of items this was in was only opened after the pilot died, by his family. I was the first to see it. This is why I collect this stuff, the stories never stop.

Burt

4md
    ?

gday Burt, i have one of these contentious ss arm bands as well, unfortunately no one can say 100 percent if they are original or like Ade says, Nasdap arm bands with a fake ss tags. there is a thread on this subject in the ss section if you care to look it up.

Very nice and broad ranging collection you have there! I love it!

Could you single out a few pieces as your favorites?

Best,
    Joe T

4md
    ?

heres a few pics of my armband
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my collection   Some of my collection  

Ade and 4MD,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast