Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some new patches I have bought.

Article about: Hello all! I found these patches today in a estate sale shop. I am questioning if the 26th infantry Division patch is original ww2 or not. As for the 1st Air Force Patch also looks a bit too

Default Some new patches I have bought.

Hello all! I found these patches today in a estate sale shop. I am questioning if the 26th infantry Division patch is original ww2 or not. As for the 1st Air Force Patch also looks a bit too new, but the backing is "snowy". I have heard that if the back of the patch is "snowy" then that's a good indication that it's ww2. I am wondering if the back of the patch is somewhat snowy is that still a good induction that's real (I think that makes since)? What do y'all think? I also don't know, and can't find this patch, Attachment 504567. I'll post some more pictures if I find any more patches tomorrow. Thank you for reading my post's, and for your help.

From Alex.
    Some new patches I have bought.

Default Re: Some new patches I have bought.

And here are the backs, Some new patches I have bought.

?

The 26th division is ww2, I believe that the 1st Air Force patches are 50s era

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

They all appear to be cut edge WWII era patches. I am not sure but I don't believe the 1st Air Force was in effect post WWII.

Fred

Thank you so much gel65 for your posting. I was not sheer if the USAF patch was ww2 or not so I took a chance. Fred I did not know that, I learn at least one new each day on here ! I just read that 1st AF is still operational, "http://www.1af.acc.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=4107."

I did not know the other picture was not working. Here it is. Some new patches I have bought.

That last one is Western Defense Command.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you Steve! I was looking in a different direction.

From Alex