Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stable Belt

Article about: Any idea from what unit the attached stable belt is from, the source it came from was ex signals and i don't think that these are the colours for signals. I believe it was collected early in

kc1
    ?

Default Stable Belt

Any idea from what unit the attached stable belt is from, the source it came from was ex signals and i don't think that these are the colours for signals. I believe it was collected early in 1940 and all the units represented may be from 45th Division, i'm assuming in France.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stable Belt   Stable Belt  

Stable Belt   Stable Belt  

Default Re: Stable Belt

You are correct, not Royal Signals. That much I know.

This is not a subject I am really au fait with. Try here:

STABLE BELTS OF THE BRITISH ARMY

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Stable Belt

Hi KC1,

Definately NOT a Royal Signals stable belt, truth be known, I cant ID the belt itself other than that. What is unusual about the belt, is that stable belts generally have TWO small fastening straps and buckles, not one.
    What you do have is a very nice example of what is often known as a "badge belt". Collecting cap badges of other units and attaching them to a belt, usually a leather one, or, as in this case, a stable belt, was a common practice among British Army troops, particularly during WWI and II.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy