Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Union Jack Flag help

Article about: Annoyed from this ads?   Name: DSCN5198.JPG  Views: 0  Size: 81.1 KB  ID: 798660 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> This is my Union Jack. I recently acquired it and

Default Union Jack Flag help

Union Jack Flag helpUnion Jack Flag helpUnion Jack Flag helpUnion Jack Flag help

This is my Union Jack. I recently acquired it and am looking for any information regarding age, etc.

It is of multi-piece construction, and marked UNION JACK 6FT. It has no broad arrow marks. It came with a story about WWII, but I know better than to buy the story along with the piece.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul

Hi Paul, these are very hard to date. But the construction would indicate some age and most likely is from the 40's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you for the reply.

Paul, as Ade already mentioned, these are hard to date but in this case I would be confident that it is pre 1945 because of the "lines" running through the weave though how much earlier than 1945 I could not say as I am not sure when this feature was introduced but it is seen on WWII examples.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.