Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Insignia found in great grandfathers pay book ?

Article about: Im currently been trying to piece together any information about my great grandfather Ted. We know he served in the Royal Engineers as a sapper in the second world war, he joined up in 1945

Default Unknown Insignia found in great grandfathers pay book ?

Im currently been trying to piece together any information about my great grandfather Ted. We know he served in the Royal Engineers as a sapper in the second world war, he joined up in 1945 and stayed on until 1946 when he was stationed in a Barracks Berlin. I was going through his pay Book which thank god my grand Mother kept, but right at the back i found this piece of insignia. I don't recognise it to be British but im not sure how else he would have got hold of it. Any Ideas ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Insignia found in great grandfathers pay book ?   Unknown Insignia found in great grandfathers pay book ?  

Unknown Insignia found in great grandfathers pay book ?   Unknown Insignia found in great grandfathers pay book ?  

Default Re: Unknown Insignia found in great grandfathers pay book ?

I think the patch is for Central Command in India.

British Formation Signs

?

I agree

First pattern British forces in Berlin, very early post war and the 2nd pattern has the word Berlin above it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ah, Jerry is spot on. Surprising they used such a similar one for the CCI patch.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Ah, Jerry is spot on. Surprising they used such a similar one for the CCI patch.
    This has been shown by me previously in another thread and a simple search of Berlin in this section will find it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Insignia found in great grandfathers pay book ?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Its Odd because in all the photos we have of him in uniform, he just has the RE shoulder titles, and in one other he has different insignia on his Battle Dress.

Again im not to clear the insignia in this photo, if you could tell me i would be very thankful

Unknown Insignia found in great grandfathers pay book ?

21st army group blue on yellow, Lines of communication and other units attached to the formation command such as RE etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Insignia found in great grandfathers pay book ?  
    Regards,

Jerry