Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Unknown Naval Belt buckle

Article about: Hi Guys, this came into work this week. I have no idea of the nationality, but know it is not British. It is heavy brass with a cast white metal crown and anchor. I don't think it has any gr

Default Unknown Naval Belt buckle

Hi Guys, this came into work this week.

I have no idea of the nationality, but know it is not British.

It is heavy brass with a cast white metal crown and anchor. I don't think it has any great age to it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Naval belt buckle reverse.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	893635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Naval belt buckle.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	893634  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

My reference book shows it to be from the Netherlands....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hmm, it looks quite modern in terms of apparent age.
    I thought at first it had something of a Danish look to it but given the generic nature of the symbol and the crude casting of the symbol together with the slightly odd construction I wonder if it is military at all. Maybe some kind of association or band item?

Otherwise I have no idea.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by zwerge View Post
    My reference book shows it to be from the Netherlands....Pete.
    The symbol looks right for R Netherlands Navy but the casting and construction look weirrd to me. What period do you reckon Pete?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi,the book doesn`t give a time period...
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi Pete, that is great, thank you!

Hi Mark, Danish did cross my mind too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I think this is an early style cap badge on a home-made buckle,but I`ve been wrong before.....
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thank Pete.

If you noticed, and I expect you did, there is a scribe mark on the back to where the catch was to be located. I have never seen this type of thing on any kind of factory produced item.

Cheers, Ade.