Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

US 9th Infantry Regt Manchu Mile buckle

Article about: What you have there is a cartridge belt buckle that was made for wear on the various types of cartridge/ammo belts used from the 1920's through the early 1940s. I have a good size collection

?

Default re: US 9th Infantry Regt Manchu Mile buckle

The 9th Inf Div. was activated July 18 1018 and deactivated Feburary 15 1919.
    The 9th Inf Div didn't exist in 1926. Therefore there could be no model 1926 9th Inf Div belt buckle.
    It wasn't reactivated till August 1940. It served in North Africa and Europe during WWII
    The only oriental service was in Vietnam from 67 to 72.
    I am not aware of ANY Official 20th century unit numbered belt buckle. None were ever approved by the Department of Defense.
    If someone is trying to sell you a model 26 9th Inf Div buckle they are scaming you.
    Save your money friend.

Hi Steve, it is the 9th Inf Regt.

Just noticed the thread title is wrong.

The design is the same as their DUI.

Still never heard of it worn as a buckle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I am telling you guys, google the Manchu mile buckle.

I looked up the buckle and im not sure if its from 1926 or not but its definitely old. - Nick K

?

Buddy if you want it buy it.

?

The buckle is in a grouping of stuff from a friend, the price for the grouping is well below what it should be, this was just the mystery in the lot... Here is one of the links i found. History for 1st Battalion, 9th Infantry Regiment

?

Steve, why so negative?

Never heard of this before either, i know some 9th inf vets and never heard about this or heard the saying.
    interesting peice, buy as what you see it.
    I would not buy it, because i have no idea if it legit or not even if they did existed. (IMO)

Default Re: US 9th Infantry Regt Manchu Mile buckle

9th Infantry Regt is subordinate to the 2nd Inf Div. Elements are stationed both in Korea and Fort Lewis, Washington. As to the buckle, i have no clue.

Default Re: US 9th Infantry Regt Manchu Mile buckle

I have some 9th collar brass which was worn by a friend of mine in VietNam. This buckle IMO looks like it's from that era. The pantena would be darker if it was older than that. I saw one in a gun show a while back going for $20.00. I Don't know if it was "officially" authorized for wear but I inagine they wore them anyway.

Burt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast