Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

US 9th Infantry Regt Manchu Mile buckle

Article about: What you have there is a cartridge belt buckle that was made for wear on the various types of cartridge/ammo belts used from the 1920's through the early 1940s. I have a good size collection

Default Re: US 9th Infantry Regt Manchu Mile buckle

What you have there is a cartridge belt buckle that was made for wear on the various types of cartridge/ammo belts used from the 1920's through the early 1940s. I have a good size collection of Manchu buckles and have one of these along with the 1926 original that is worn on the Sam Brown belt from that time period. I have acquired a good amount of info on these buckles and posted it on my web site here Manchu Buckle - C Co 3/9 MANCHU "The Chosen Few" .

I don't see these popping up very often. They are more rare then the 1926 originals which I have seen come up for sale more often then the cartridge buckle. That is a good find on your part.

Great information on this buckle - thanks - and welcome to the forum!

?

Great looking cartridge belt buckle! I'm no expert on them - but thought I'd show you a later version of the buckles that are awarded for completing the Manchu Mile. Not sure if it changed since when I used to do it, but the requirement was to complete a 25 mile road march with full combat equipment in under 8 hours.

I earned mine back in 1990 at Fort Ord, Califirnia while assigned as the 9th Regiment Fire Support Officer with 2/8Field Artillery. It needs a little Brasso, I think!

Thanks Helmet! Came across this forum while searching for buckles.
    Mark, I earned mine in 88 at Ft Ord with C co 3/9. They do now have a new buckle to go with the ACU rigger belts that are now awarded to today's Manchus for completing the Mile. See attached a photo from my web site.

?

Manchu - I love that new belt buckle!

Mark, I believe this sounds like the buckle that is mentioned in item #2. I hope to confirm this in the near future.

US 9th Infantry Regt Manchu Mile buckleUS 9th Infantry Regt Manchu Mile buckle

Here is my collection so far

US 9th Infantry Regt Manchu Mile buckleUS 9th Infantry Regt Manchu Mile buckle

?

Wow, wht an amazing collection!! I'm going to keep looking for one of the ACU buckles - I don't have any contacts left with the 9th.

Who was the 3/9 Bn commander when you were there? It wasn't Ed Filliberti, was it? Chrck Swannack commanded 2/9 in the 90 timeframe - ended up a 2 star commanding 82d ABN.

We had LTC Tom Scott in 87 -89 and then Lynzenski (?) 89 -91 when I got out.

Robert Schmid
    ?

Default Trying to get more buckles!

Anyone know where I can buy this buckle I have mine from 2006 but trying buy or get some different ones

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast