Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US insignia help

Article about: afternoon guys ,a slightly melancholy request ,just prior to andy ,aj4010's sad passing i had traded a helmet of interest to him with a few other items mainly american bits and bobs ,it was

Default US insignia help

afternoon guys ,a slightly melancholy request ,just prior to andy ,aj4010's sad passing i had traded a helmet of interest to him with a few other items mainly american bits and bobs ,it was a genre of helmet he was so fond of ,I in return received a couple of helmet's of interest to me ,also he kindly sent these american insignia badges as a bonus ,unfortunately i tryed to contact him to find out more on these badges as im unfamiliar with US items but was unable to get a responce ,i later learned he had passed away .i would really like somebody to point out what i have here ,mainly the rank ,what time period ,and where they would have been worn ,clothing or head gear ,im not looking to sell them on ,i just want to know for my own peace of mind what andy sent me just prior to his passing ,many thanks jamesUS insignia helpUS insignia help
    Regards James

Default Re: US insignia help

hello james
    1. is a sergent collar insignia
    2. is a private collar insignia
    3. is a major collar insignia
    4. is a coast guard insignia that is equivalent to a private but not sure what the coasties call them
    5. is a subdued major collar insignia !!

hope this helps and sorry to hear of his lose !!
    Thanks Sean

many thanks for your great input sean your a diamond ,can i ask on the time period if possible, are they modern or earlier ,much appreciated james
    Regards James

Those are all modern insignia. Are the oak leaves silver and black? On my screen they look silver and black, that would be Lt colonel then. Major would be gold and a weird looking bronze-green

To be specific The first is Staff Sergeant E-6 and the second is Private First Class E-3 The silver leaf is Lieutenant Colonel O-5 and the dark one is the subdued insignia for a Lieutenant Colonel 0-5 Just so you will know, the major's leaf is gold rather than silver. For some reason the US Army ranks silver above gold as with 2nd Lieutenant gold bar, and Major, gold leaf. Dwight

oops sorry bout the mix up of major and lieutenant colonel !! also by modern i would say between the 1970s and 2000s !! my father got insignias like these in the 1970s !!

many thanks for your valued help guys much appreciatedjames
    Regards James