Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 Liner crests? Assistance on this one please?

Article about: Good day gents, hope everybody is well. This is a Capac liner pulled from a US WW2 fixed bail helmet. It's got the remnants of a unit crest/logo on both sides. I have posted this under the M

Default US M1 Liner crests? Assistance on this one please?

Good day gents, hope everybody is well. This is a Capac liner pulled from a US WW2 fixed bail helmet. It's got the remnants of a unit crest/logo on both sides. I have posted this under the M1 forum but we're is scratching their heads on this one. Could you please assist in identifying the crest or/and logo? The soldier's service number is also on the inside of the liner. Kindest Mardo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 Liner crests? Assistance on this one please?   US M1 Liner crests? Assistance on this one please?  

US M1 Liner crests? Assistance on this one please?   US M1 Liner crests? Assistance on this one please?  

US M1 Liner crests? Assistance on this one please?  

at a guess (and all I can add) is that the service no. is post '47, attributed to the First army area

Thank you René, I appreciate. We could not pin down the service no. as well.

No worries Mardo sorry I can't help more other than the name also could be French or Belgian?